Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Black pride" doesn't sum up in Venus-Serena...

1K views 37 replies 28 participants last post by  persond 
#1 ·
What is that rediculous reason you give all the time...???!!!

YOU ARE NOT NECESSARLY RACIST IF YOU DISLIKE SERENA OR VENUS OR THE BOTH !!!!! ( racisme certainly exists but I think and really hope it concerns the minority of people out here... )

And for Serena and Venus, they certainly are amaizing sportswomen...but...

I don't know much about them as most of you in any personnal way...but their general attitude leads up to be desired.

To me and for their age ( they are not 17,18,19 or even 20 anymore...!!!), they are too cocky, over-confident in offensive way...

AND I WILL CERTAINLY NOT BOTHER FOR THOSE NON-SENSE PARANOID COMMENTS ABOUT RACISM...

( ZINA GARISSON AND CHANDA RUBIN were among my favourites for the number 1 spot... )

With all my respect, I don't think Williams's have "the class" of those two ladies...

Hope for them it will change...

..... AND YES, FOR SOME PEOPLE LIFE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COLOUR OR ANYTHING BUT IT'S ABOUT PEOPLE AND THEIR PERSONNALITIES !!!!!

:)

See less See more
#5 ·
thanks TeeRexx.....

for your information, I'm myself from time to time "victim" of racism...

still, apparantly there is no talk with persons like you anyway...

and next time think twice before speaking out your mind in that way... ( unless you're under age of 10... )

With such closed mind, please don't answer my post in the future and I won't even read yours...

Thanks...

#7 ·
TEEREXX-

Can you just open your thick skull for a moment and trult absorb a concerned non-african americans point of view?? Tennisjam's post clearly states "YOU ARE NOT NECESSARLY RACIST IF YOU DISLIKE SERENA OR VENUS OR THE BOTH !!!!! ( racisme certainly exists but I think and really hope it concerns the minority of people out here... )" Does any of that make any sense to you? I would honestly like a real response from you and the reasons for the way you feel. How can a unbiased be so easily turned into a racially motivated one in your eyes? People such as yourself amaze me.

#8 ·
You sound so angry, is this thread in response to something or you just generally want to say you don't like the WS? Can you give recent examples of why you think they are cocky, I am a WS fan and I can see why some would view Serena as Cocky, but I def don't think Venus fits that description at all. Basically I am trying to figure out what they do, that other tennis players dont' that makes them soooo cocky.

#10 ·

#11 ·
sorry but when you dislike someone because of what they did or acted when they were 16 and 17 then youre just ignorant. Grow up already. Everyone and their mother matures and grows up except perhaps the haters.

Hell I dislike martina hingis but even I know that shes not the same person she was at 16 17 or even 18. She has grown up just like venus and serena. However the haters refuse to grow up. They spout off "oh their arrogant" which is lies just to bring the sisters down. Well I'm personally glad ignorant louts aren't on their bandwagon. Who needs silly people like that who are stuck in the past?

You people are ridiculous with all this, "I'm not neccesarily racist if I don't like the sisters..." Really? wow thats a shock I didn't even know that! Thanks for pointing the obvious out. Of course it doesn't mean you aren't racist either, does it? Whatever. The point is moot.

Some of you who come on this board and say the false statesments about Vee and Ree as the reasons why you hate them then guees what people are going to think about you? I mean if I came in here and said martina hingis stole someones watch and killed her dog in the pool and I hate her because of it how would all you martina lovers react? yeah well thats how we feel when haters do that to the sisters.

ciao

#17 ·
bonkers186 said:
Hasn't the board been somewhat calm as of late? Why stir up the shit now? ...
b/c obviously, judging from the response of many (mostly venus and serena's fans), there exists a demand for such a thread. This forum truelly follows "free market"- if there is a demand, there is a supply. So, I don't blame tennisjam for creating this thread. The responsibility lies on the people who responded (including myself:eek:)

#18 ·
I'd just love to see who this posters favorites are, then we may compare Serena and Venus' to those favorites.

Then we'll see who's too cocky or whatever.:rolleyes:

#19 ·
But eta psi, when Williams fans respond to stuff like this, they are called aggressive, and everyone says they are looking for fights. I found the post very antagonistic, but I would go ranting and stuff since the poster is fairly new.

#20 ·
bonkers186 said:
But eta psi, when Williams fans respond to stuff like this, they are called aggressive, and everyone says they are looking for fights. I found the post very antagonistic, but I would go ranting and stuff since the poster is fairly new.
But bonkers (;)), what is the point of responding in such a thread? From the original message, you could see that the creator of the thread had already reached some concusion with regards to the sisters and their fans. So, how will you change his/her mind or have a decent argument about it? The point of the thread was, as I understood it, was to rile up the williams fans, and sadly, it has succeeded moderately. Surely, no one thought that they could change the mind of this person with reasonable arguments that the sisters are classy. (I remember some great quote by "Kurt vonngut" on how a deluded persons mind simply runs over facts and truths to make their point. May be, I will look for it and post it here). So, I ask again what is the point of responding in such a thread.

#22 ·
NEXT!!!!
I mean, come on, all of his posts so far have had to do with the sisters...just because you are "new" doesnt mean you get to act like an idiot...

The sisters arent anymore cocky then the next player in line...and as for the whole "just because i dont like the williams sisters, dont mean i am racist" thing is just plain old, not all of us say you are so get over it...

And i just cant wait to see who your faves are so i can tear you to pieces...:p

Have a good day!!!
:wavey:

#23 ·
just a footnote: black people were tennis fans long before the williams sisters came along and will continue to be tennis fans long after they've retired. it's the williams sisters's outstanding achievements that have brought out the "black pride" that you mentioned in black tennis fans. before venus and serena turned pro the black tennis fans were cheering for graf, seles, sabatini, evert, navratilova among many others but the feeling is "closer to home" when the players are black because it's uncommon in tennis for black players to dominate as the sisters have done in the past year or so.

#25 ·
tennisjam is just an empty-headed, self-serving, duplicitous Jerk, like all the other haters who constantly pollute this board. Stop lecturing people you moron! You have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Who cares if you are a racist or not ("Duh, look Ma, there are black people I actually like and respect unlike the Williams sisters"). Get a life you idiot! The fact that you have the reasoning powers of an inebriated gerbil is offensive enough.

#26 ·
sunset said:
where's marcusrock when you need him!
I think I know what you're referring to and to that I say that there's only room enough in my signature for quality drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.