Angie Kerber has overstressed spinal discs => OUT of Fed Cup against France

6K views 54 replies 44 participants last post by  tennisfreak13 
#1 · (Edited)
Source: Her FB-site

Poor Angie, might explain her play in Australia :awww:

Get well soon, I know what it means to have serious back problems :tape::tears:

Edit: she is out for the FC :awww:

#4 ·
Re: Angie Kerber has overstressed spinal discs => Intensive rehab program before FC!

Must be due to the kneeling and squatting she has been doing for the past 2 years or so. Her game is very physically difficult, pretty much like what Bepa did but even more worse on her body.

Anyways, rest well!!!

and seems like she'll be falling from top 10 soon with this injury.

#11 ·
Re: Angie Kerber has overstressed spinal discs => Intensive rehab program before FC!

Must be due to the kneeling and squatting she has been doing for the past 2 years or so. Her game is very physically difficult, pretty much like what Bepa did but even more worse on her body.

Anyways, rest well!!!

and seems like she'll be falling from top 10 soon with this injury.
She reminds me of Safina. I don't know why.

#5 ·

Oh no Angie :sobbing:

I thought she might be able to defend her title in Paris :sad:

Please rest (do you the world of good) and get better real soon. Don't come back too early :hug:

#22 ·

Oh no Angie :sobbing:

I thought she might be able to defend her title in Paris :sad:

Please rest (do you the world of good) and get better real soon. Don't come back too early :hug:
Angie is not defending her Paris title anyways.

Hope she can recover. If Bartoli really plays FC for France and Kerber is not part of the team, I can see another loss for Germany. :sad:

#16 ·

How serious is this? Because from what it sounds you wouldn't give her a prayer of making Fed Cup 100% fit. But the fact Fed Cup is mentioned makes it sound not that serious.
rittner said: "this is a very serious thing. for now, we're waiting until beginning, middle of next week how the injury develops with the prescribed rest. at the moment we can only hope and let angie be treated."

#10 ·

That's what a lot of pushing and running on a heavy body can do to ya. :sad:

Seriously; hope she's gets better and makes a strong recovery. :)

Take better care and be more cognizant of your body now Angie.

Good Luck.

#13 ·

omg damn injuries already at the start of the season

get well soon Angie !

:sad:

#14 ·

Angie- hopefully the rehab does the trick.

Dont play Fed Cup. The others should be handle things- if not then who cares!!

#26 ·

so sorry for kerber :hug: but honestly it was just a matter of time before something like this happened, considering the amount of matches she's been playing and her demanding style.

#28 ·

:sad::( She had a grueling year last year, especially in the first half of the year when she was shooting up the rankings in lots of smaller tournaments, and then adding that on top of the top player's schedule... she went deep in almost every tournament, too. Needs lighter scheduling especially with her playstyle as others have mentioned...

#29 ·

This does explain a little bit her 2013 play. She definitely hasn't been as dogged in her matches as we were used to. If your spinal disks are overstressed, what does "intensive rehab" mean? Poor girl.

#32 ·

This does explain a little bit her 2013 play. She definitely hasn't been as dogged in her matches as we were used to. If your spinal disks are overstressed, what does "intensive rehab" mean? Poor girl.
Needles, stretching and rest. I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.