Tennis Forum banner

Anna Smith Thread

29K views 275 replies 39 participants last post by  otary 
#1 ·
Seems like she deserves a thread of her own...she's winning a few matches which kind of makes her our #1 :p

About to turn 17 and she just won the Wrexham doubles with Rebecca Llewellyn and has qualified for the 10K London main draw (and is also playing doubles again with Rebecca).

She's already made the QF of a couple of 10K tournaments and won a match at a 25K as well...

Anyone seen her play at all...how does she play and does she have any potential for 4/5 years time?

#6 ·
Anna is a good player reminds me of Katie O'Brien in her style of play shes quite small but deceptively powerful.

Has a great backhand down the line. Is definatly someone to look out for. Top 500 for sure and higher i'd think.!

#8 · (Edited)
She trains at Sutton pretty much full-time, I think. She is fit! Nicest belly button piercing I've ever seen :D! :lol:

#9 ·
:sad: NO photos, anywhere!

#11 ·
:lol: Perhaps that's why it's so hard to find photos of her :sad:

#12 ·
ae wowww said:
She trains at Sutton pretty much full-time, I think. She is fit! Nicest belly button piercing I've ever seen :D! :lol:
you and your piercings/tattoos :lol: ;)

#13 ·
ae wowww said:
:lol: Perhaps that's why it's so hard to find photos of her :sad:
There is a picture of Anna in the latest BritishTennis on page 28.

#14 ·
TheBoiledEgg said:
you and your piercings/tattoos :lol: ;)
:lol: I know, it's ridiculous!

Thanks for uploading the pic, WIMBY, nice to see her in there :D What ranking jumps she has been making! :yeah:

#15 ·
According to the WTA rankings, Anna is now ranked in Sweden not Great Britain!!!!

#17 ·
Plus, I doubt the British tournaments would be handing her wildcards so easily if she was going to defect ;)

Go Anna :D

#19 · (Edited)
Anna's Mum is from Sweden Her ranking makes her number 8 over there, so perhaps she is thinking more help/wild cards?

#21 ·
Rankings are out and Anna is still not on the GB list!!!!!!!!!

#22 ·
;) Maybe she decided to change!

#23 ·
Did Anna win Sutton?

#25 ·
She played a great tournament at Sutton ITF though, and also made doubles final with a friend of mine.

#26 ·
Anna is in Surby qualifying entry :D Last acceptance at the mo, hopefully can improve on last year's result.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.