Status
Not open for further replies.

Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

328K views 6K replies 110 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the Simona Halep cheering thread :wavey:

#12 ·
Thanks for the new volume.

Completely right decision to pull out of Linz. Simona has reached a ranking region now in which MMs should be more or less considered as preparation for the big events rather than useful occasions to get cheap points. That doesn't mean that she shouldn't play any smaller events at all, but Linz is usually one of the strongest and she would have needed a SF at least to make this tournament somewhat relevant for her ranking.

I guess some rest in between and a lighter training schedule in regard to her physical problems seem much more sensible to me.

Interesting to see if she will show up in Moscow. Playing one indoor event before Sofia would be the best, even though Moscow is slower than most clay courts now.

#15 · (Edited)
Hope she arrives at Moscow with a better grip on her serve.
Technically she had a good serve until she landed in Asia..
In Asia, she got anxious, nervous and greedy, having "rankings and titles" in her mind instead of focusing on the tennis itself.. Her serve started to fall apart Sharapova style because she was not focused.
I.E. - Before Asia she used to hit few balls to the "T" point at the center in every match and she got lots of points there. Against Venus and Ula she forgot that the "T" serve even exists, and she just went into attack mood without thinking.
Wrong attitude was her problem, nothing bad technically. But its normal. She is just a human being, she wanted success now and it made her lose focus on the game itself point by point. Just 22, she learns, she has a lot of time to get where she wants to be.
The future is good Simona, just take it easy. Play tennis, not "rankings" :)

#16 ·
Simona obviously had an injury in Beijing, in the area between her neck and her shoulder. So I don't understand why some of you are thinking that she withdraw from Linz because she was depressed or some other shit like that. Linz is a small tournament, no point in playing there while not being at 100% physically. Her last goal for this year should be winning the TOC, that's it.

#17 ·
She even said on Facebook that, although disappointed with Beijing, she was happy with the way she was playing. I think she had an injury in Beijing which might have occurred in Tokyo against Venus because of the abrubt way she fell apart in that match. She's not the type that will use injury as an excuse so we will probably never get the full scoop. Anyway, she is definitely not depressed. :rolleyes: I think she has everything in perspective and is thankful about how far she has come the last few months.

#18 · (Edited)
Good news that its only her shoulder and not a mental rest. :)
She looked dejected to me when she started the Ula game, knowing she has Serena in R3 (no smiles and a pissed off expression face), but lets hope it was just my imagination. Haide Simona, more wins and more good tennis!
I deliberately didnt wish her "better rankings". It just adds unneeded pressure on her. In my opinion, the ranking thoughts are the reason for her last loses, but maybe its just all in my head.
The way her serve fell apart is strange because it didnt happen all summer, so I believe it was a mental reason (losing patience, stress, etc..).
Anyway, I am here to support Simona, not to search her soul, so again, Haide Simona :)

#20 · (Edited)
Jackpot For Simona

Simona can hit the JACKPOT in Sofia :) 1.000.000 Euros (€) if she wins the trophy [more than any Grand Slam / World Tour Championships FINAL ! :eek: + about 200.000 € prize money if she's undefeated. :eek:

http://sofia-tennis.bg/en/history

"... prize money and a chance to earn a €1-million bonus for qualified players who won three or more international tournaments"

#22 ·
Peasant or homeless, engineer or doctor, Romanian or foreign, everyone including you (... one of the best fans of it) is free to express his own opinion.. whether you like it or not.
However, from what I saw it looks like you don't have any problem to figure view, considering that in a few days, you've expressed it about a hundred times.
Ai inteles mamaliga?

#25 ·
Hmm... Sloane can qualify for Sofia only if she wins Linz this week.

The field for Sofia so far consists of: Pironkova & Ivanovic (both have received WC) and 6 International level winners (Halep, Cornet, Safarova, Hantuchova, Rybarikova & Jovanovski).

She had great results against Safarova & Hantuchova this summer, she can certainly take Pironkova down, but Cornet, Rybarikova & Jovanovski can be very dangerous (especially given the form Simona showed in her last 2 tournaments). But I hope she will be injury free by then and ready to win the title :D

#29 ·
Moscow's entry list is collapsing as usual. She can make some good points there should she decide to show up.

Jovanovski is out now as Vesnina will play in Sofia instead of Fed Cup Final. Cornet looks done for this year and is useless on Indoor Hard, anyway.
I actually fancy her chances against most players as they will allow her to play her counter punching style of play, coming from a solid defense and attack whenever possible. I really hope she will be fit for this event - let's not fool ourselves, it's the most important one she has played in her senior career.

#37 ·
http://doartenis.ro/2013/09/simona-halep-”incepand-de-la-new-haven-adrian-marcu-e-antrenorul-meu”/

It looks like Marcu was unofficially her coach since March. Mlendea was only her sparring partner. If that's it, I don't get why Mlendea considered himself her coach, that's strange. That's for sure Ruzici's move. If that's true, Jelena Jankovic will be coached by a sparring partner :D Tbh, I don't trust Marcu and I don't trust Ruzici and I think Mlendea will get results with Jankovic if she is patient.

#40 ·
Exactly what I said in the other thread :

In my opinion ,Mlendea was only and only a sparring partner. (I may be wrong) . I don't see him as a full-time coach. It's not the only interview where she says that.

She also said it in the American season where she also said that A. Marcu supported (from the shadow) and sometimes traveled with her since March this year. [ I know that Marcu was in the stands at the French Open (to confirm my saying) ]

Weird stuff (maybe only for his image) but that doesn't matter any more.

Tough draw for Simona in Moscow. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.