1.Li
2.Bartoli
3.Jankovic
4.Hsieh
5.Zakopalova
6.Peng
7.Robson
8.Jovanovski

If she's playing MM's she needs to make at least the final.

I'm praying she will be playing Sydney as well, the WTA tournament I visit every year :)

#5 ·
Weird choice to begin the year. Im guessing they're offering her a lot to play here. Still, weak field so hopefully she'll open the year well. Hope she plays Sydney as well, I wouldnt be too happy with her going straight into Melbourne having not played anything in Australia.

#6 · (Edited)
Big discussion on radio this morning(RMC) about fed cup between 3 very well known coachs :
- Patrice Dominguez (former tennis pro)
- Jacques Monclar (basket ball)
- Daniel Constantini (Hand ball)
And former rugby union player and doctor :
- Serge Simon

Coachs concluded that there is no change between Escudé and Mauresmo's period, except that Amélie is still in discussion with Marion and her coach. And think that Amélie could try at least one time to let Marion managing her matches on her own.
And Serge as usual disagrees. Because rules are beyond everything even these rules are bad.

Video here : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvdc3p_gg-du-sport-patrice-dominguez-l-avocat-des-bartoli_sport

#7 ·
Dunno if some of you already read this article ? http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/8191599/tennis-marion-bartoli-ditch-dad-play-olympics

It clearly explains why Marion will never make herself available for fed cup without her coach. Because he is the only one to know when adjustements are needed for the next practice sessions and which drills could be changed. As he said :
"My approach is quite different, because I'm not a tennis player". For example, "The shoulder, I view in a mechanic way," he said. "The shoulder of each athlete is completely different, so you need to take care of every specific thing, purely mechanically, for each athlete."
"you know, it's very important to be confident in the way that you practice," he said. And Marion's confidence is only for her coach, and anyone else.

#16 ·
I just finished to read a 4 pages interview in french tennis magazine of december 2012. Nothing really new except 2 things :
- She really wants to be more physically prepared
- During clay season, she really felt out of gas with lowest peak in Roma. Brain worked, but body refused to follow brain orders until San diego.

#17 ·
Alexandra Fusai who's in charge of elite french players gave an interview this morning : http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Fusai-une-evolution-positive/331379

And as usual, Marion is in core of the discussion :
"J'ai un dialogue normal avec Marion même si à l'année c'est plus compliqué car elle a vraiment avec son père sa propre structure. Il y a du respect. Maintenant on a bien vu que lorsque les meilleures jouent en équipe de France, il y a une transmission avec les jeunes. Quand Amélie Mauresmo, Nathalie Dechy et Emilie Loit viennent par exemple parler à une trentaine de jeunes joueuses à la FFT, c'est un dialogue bénéfique. Alors oui quand notre meilleure joueuse est en marge, c'est compliqué. Les gens se posent du coup des questions sur le système. Le problème est plus grand aujourd'hui car nous sommes dans une période de creux où Marion est isolée en haut."

Between the lines, Fusai is focusing on one big point.It's difficult for FFT to be credible to people who must trust you (parents, relative, hopes,...) when the only good active player has established her own organization far from Paris and official staff.

#22 ·
la mise en scène avec les deux chaises vides autour de la table :rolleyes:
Manifestement la présence du père de Caroline Garcia ne pose pas tant de problèmes. Cela ne me paraît pas dès lors incensé que Walter Bartoli assite également aux entrainements et soit présent dans le stade au cours des matchs.

#27 ·
I agree about the increased aggressiveness, especially as shes getting older now.

#30 ·
Potentially tricky draw... Shes had trouble with Klara and Peer before.

#32 ·
From what I know, against active players she is:

.8-0 vs Morita
.6-4 vs Peng
.1-0 vs Hradecka
.1-0 vs Niculescu
.2-0 vs Parra Santonja

So overall 18-4. She has yet to play Hseih or Lertcheewakarn, and I don't believe that there is anybody else.

#36 ·
Chan has a one handed forehand. I think you might mean Yan Zi but I don't believe she is active anymore, at least not in singles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.