Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petra Kvitová Live Scores Thread vol2

136K views 5K replies 75 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
The live scores thread is for discussions related to on-going matches.

See less See more
#837 ·
God, these commentators are insufferable. Is this ignorant woman Virginia Wade?

Petra will wake up and change this match soon enough.

#839 ·
Oh, man, Petra is giving that pesky little Cornet too much of a look at the ball! I knew it. Cut it out, Petra! Snap this irritating French girl like the fresh little haricot vert that she is!

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

#840 ·
Wade keeps suggesting that Petra should do this and that, and it's usually something that Petra has already tried and rejected in this match. I especially laughed when she criticized Petra for trying a slice or dropshot, saying "She shouldnt be trying to mix it up. That's not her game." the ball bashing had not been working, so Petra went to plan B -- which is very much in her arsenal.

One point away from 5-4.

#842 ·
Cornet's serve warmup is the ugliest I've seen since Mahesh Bhupathi.

#845 ·
There ya go. Got broken, flipped the switch, win three straight games like a boss, with two breaks of Cornet's serve. Playing an error-filled first set, but it ends up not mattering.

#856 ·
Yeah, I caught this match from 5-4 in the 1st set.

And it did appear that Petra was carelessly going after Cornet's serve in the second set (even after getting the early leads). She could of beaten her at love in that set.

I see Martina Hingis was in the house watching Petra with Kotyza.

Maybe she was nervous? :eek: :tape: :eek:

#862 ·
(Disclaimer: didn't watch the match)

Petra misses on the most important two of her three keys to the match:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/stats/day9/2216ms.html

2. Average between 7.2 and 9.0 points per game returning.
The actual score was 6.4. But who comes up with this stuff? Is it genius or idiocy? If I read this right, Petra's ideal is to average one or two deuces per return game?? She breaks to 30 every time, that's bad. Goes to three deuces too often, just as bad.

#863 ·
(Disclaimer: didn't watch the match)

Petra misses on the most important two of her three keys to the match:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/stats/day9/2216ms.html

The actual score was 6.4. But who comes up with this stuff? Is it genius or idiocy? If I read this right, Petra's ideal is to average one or two deuces per return game?? She breaks to 30 every time, that's bad. Goes to three deuces too often, just as bad.
That's that IBM stuff that I never pay attention to anymore. Cause anytime I try to follow, and correlate it during a match, it makes no sense. :lol:

#865 ·
Maybe it's better you didn't!:lol:

It was one of those silly, sloppy matches where Petra played like somebody who felt they were wasting their time and didn't want to be there, very lethargic and uninspired. On the plus side, she cranked it up when she needed to and dispatched Cornet without wasting too much energy. If the match had gone three, that would've been stupid! :cool:

I hope Coach Huggybear chewed her ass a bit after the match, but I doubt it happened.

#872 ·
Let's hope Petra plays a bit sharper today than the last match and keeps this one to a two setter. I want to see some of that YEC form today. ;)

BTW: Robson was just dynamite against Li. Great match by her. Definitely a youngsta' to watch. :)

:worship: Good luck to the queen of the hardcourts today!!! Go Petra Go!!! :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.