Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petra Kvitová Live Scores Thread vol2

136K views 5K replies 75 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
The live scores thread is for discussions related to on-going matches.

See less See more
#3,834 ·
:spit: Miami was always and will be bad tournament for her. She advanced to Doha\IW QF which is good results and won Dubai which is amazing, after FC she plays solid with little fuckery compared to how she started this year. Now clay season in Europe is upon us, we will see how she plays there, she has alot of points to defend if she wants to stay in Top8

#3,833 ·
Well, this was her first quarter of the season (on hardcourt). Typical high (Dubai title and epic battle against Sarin, although blowing a lead) and lowsssssssss (AO 2nd round loss, losses to Pavs, Mladenovic, Kiri and Flipper - to subplayers for Pete's sake and two breadsticks from Domi). Result: Inconsistent and not much to celebrate for.

#3,839 ·
I would be pleased, but I don't know, it'd be too great I guess. :rolleyes: :confused:

To be honest, a Czech guy (he knows someone who knows Petra's father) just said a few weeks ago that Petra will always be inconsistent. I didn't believe him first but now, I think she's innately inconsistent (well, considering her game). Typical scenario for the clay season: one title and then some second week wins and then first/second round losses. F*** these first/second round losses.
Well, with all respect to him he's not omniscient and as many people have said, she's not a complete player. Moreover she's having a troubles from the start of the season, she has to fight with asthma and possible shoulder injury (so maybe she played under painkillers again) and so on.
It's not easy for her so please, don't judge her career or season if you can't see the future, thanks. ;) :rolleyes:

#3,841 ·
I didn't expect much so no big disappointment. Czech fans are spoilt anyway: FedCup semis and Davis Cup QF coming up, Berdych + Zakopalova still going, Stepanek, Cetkovska, Strycova and maybe Benesova coming back, a new-born 16-year-old star Siniakova, best-ranked ATP teenager Vesely, etc.......

Petra is a multimillionaire anyway so good for her that she'll have at least more time for her family and bf. Maybe she can make a trip to Disneyland in Orlando :lol:

#3,855 ·
No essay from Excelsior? :eek:

#3,856 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol:

#3,864 ·
^ What's with you and coffee?

And while you're at it, how about some love for authentic European coffee outlets like Douwe Egberts, Illy and Segafredo? That's where you find class (they don't like plastic cups and their sugar is real - not that Yankee high fructose corn syrup thing).

If you ever get fat you know who's to blame. Speaking of which, I desperately hope Petra doesn't set foot inside that Ostrava outlet you mentioned. The last thing we need is MichelinKvitty.

#3,865 ·
I like both authentic outlets and the chains. Depends on location, mood and what you want to do there (talking, reading, working?). If you wanna do some work on a laptop, Starbucks or Costa is a good option, cause you just order your drink and they will then leave you alone instead of disturbing you every five minutes 'Do you want some more?' :lol:

Douwe Egberts, Illy and Segafredo are well known of course, Tchibo is also very popular here (they're German I think).

What I noticed however is that US-style coffee chains are usually packed with young people with laptops and tablets, while those traditional European outlets are more preferred by 40+ people. But maybe in Holland it's different?

BTW, Starbucks is basically a copy of the Italian coffee tradition adjusted to the US fast-food culture. :lol:

#3,873 ·
She'd be even cutter if she left the court after 1st round loss against Petra. ;) :p :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.