Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Tags
#sluts gif
465K views 5K replies 158 participants last post by  miffedmax 
#1 · (Edited)
Since the old thread has gone over the 5,000 post limit, I figure that it needs to be replaced by a shiny new one. So here it is.

Achievements Pre-injury:
  • Olympic mixed doubles silver medal (w/ Andy Murray)
  • Singles semi final - Palermo 2012
  • Grand Slam 4th round - US Open 2012, Wimbledon 2013
  • Defeated Kim Clijsters in her final singles match
  • Singles Final - Guangzhou 2012
  • WTA Newcomer of the year 2012

Achievements - Post Comeback:
  • Singles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville
  • Doubles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville (W/ Freya Christie)
  • Qualifier US Open 2016

#1,097 ·
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

She's really taking a lot off the serve. I wonder if its the injury or just intentionally trying to get a higher percentage
Probably a combination of both. She's injured so she needs to take a bit off or have to withdraw, and since she physically can't go for as much she's got to up her percentage to stay competitive.

#1,105 ·

Oh well that's a shame. I haven't seen Sloane before but she was very impressive.

Not that far away though, if Laura's serve had been at 100% it could have been different.
Yeah, that's the one area that Laura was doing better at the US Open. Here serve against Clijsters got her out of trouble so many times. I do, however, like the fact that she was getting more first serves in by taking some pace off, whether it was due to injury or not.

#1,107 ·

It was a good match. I hope her shoulder is fine:sad:
It's how she serves. She puts too much pressure on her shoulder. She needs to use a her legs more in her serve to take the pressure off of her shoulders.

Can you guys remember how Laura was last year?! She's improved so much. very happy.

Pattaya Open next!

#1,106 ·

It does piss me off how posters in general messages have nothing good to say about Laura though. They act as though every loss proves she's over hyped, and every win is a fluke. Yes, Sloane may be the form player of the two right now, but already in their careers, Laura has been much more impressive when they're at their best, IMO.

#1,112 ·

It does piss me off how posters in general messages have nothing good to say about Laura though. They act as though every loss proves she's over hyped, and every win is a fluke. Yes, Sloane may be the form player of the two right now, but already in their careers, Laura has been much more impressive when they're at their best, IMO.
But that would mean people admitting they were wrong :lol: GM is such a hate-filled, stubborn, hostile place.

#1,117 ·

Huh? That's literally what's going to happen if Laura doesn't finish in the top 30. If she does, BlueTrees changes his name to RobsonIsGOAT.

He's a good sport.
That's amazing. It needs to happen :bowdown:

Yeah I had a spat with BlueTrees the other day but we seemed to sort it out. He seems like a fair guy.

#1,119 ·

Laura is overhyped. But she's overhyped for the right reasons. It started when she developed years faster than Watson (she still is), continued with her charisma and personality, ballooned because of her entertaining style, and exploded because of what she did at the top levels.

Donna and Madison are overhyped too, for the record.

#1,120 ·

Laura is overhyped. But she's overhyped for the right reasons. It started when she developed years faster than Watson (she still is), continued with her charisma and personality, ballooned because of her entertaining style, and exploded because of what she did at the top levels.

Donna and Madison are overhyped too, for the record.
GM will disagree with you on that one, i wouldn't say that so boldly if i were you. :lol:

#1,133 · (Edited)

Well done Laura :wavey: Hope your shoulder is ok.

#1,136 ·

I disagree, she's not using any her of hee lefty advantages , like Kerber , she brings ball back when drag outwide.
Stephens did not hit better than Kim, Laura was moving worst than in Guangzhou or US Open. Her opening match against Oudin was horrible. She was moving well against Niculescu, than all 3 of her matches here. She's hasn't play her best at all. Keep improving .

#1,137 ·

If she was born in Melbourne(which she was), she'll have a dual citizenship- british and australian passports. Doesn't make her any less British- she chooses to represent the UK which shows her true nationality.

Shame about the loss today but it's still been a good tournament :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.