Miami Chat Thread

23K views 550 replies 46 participants last post by  Chrissie-fan 
#1 ·
Keeping with tradition
Cheering and Jeering for players other than Maria Sharapova
:cheer:

See less See more
#398 ·
:lol: I was clearly being facetious, but I do agree the mood around here tends be rather negative (and I include myself in this). It's good to be realistic, but there's also nothing wrong with being hopeful. Personally, it gets tiring reading the same posts over and over again, especially when they bring nothing new to the table.

#401 · (Edited)
:lol: I was clearly being facetious, but I do agree the mood around here tends be rather negative (and I include myself in this). It's good to be realistic, but there's also nothing wrong with being hopeful. Personally, it gets tiring reading the same posts over and over again, especially when they bring nothing new to the table.

it gets tiring watching the same game over and over again, especially when Maria brings nothing new to the table. :crying2:

We all know how ended anticipation of a "competitive" match versus RustyinjuredRena in Doha, which Masha was "due to win" :lol:

So this time I'm not going to demand from Maria anything more than reaching Final. This is her main task and she is not a favourite in the final whoever is her opponent :(

What can i wait from Maria after this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vuiHUtsR4-k happening again and again? Why don't she try at least once ballbashing/serve&volleying or anything different to hitting in the middle versus agressive players?

#405 ·
Just another chapter in the tournament of choking. :lol:

Agi aquitted herself nicely in her attempt to defend her title. The semis is a good accomplishment considering that she hadn't really been playing well in the last handful of tourneys. No shame in losing to Serena at this stage.

#406 ·
Imagine if Aga beats Serena and we have a rematch of last year? We will all need therapy :sobbing:

#409 ·
I couldn't believe what I just watched. I couldn't describe my emotion right now. Novak just lost to Tommy Haas 6-2 6-4 in under 90 minutes. He hit 30 UEs in the match. Tommy played well but Novak looked like Tankovic out there, and I don't understand why. My heart's broken tonight :crying2:

Go home, prepare hard for the clay season and come back strong, Novak. And Maria, please save this tournament for me now.

#424 ·
and now Rafa will take care of clay tournaments

#438 ·
I hate to be one of those losers that use one match to give their point merit, but I will. Novak, Nadal and Murray are usually just too consistent for most guys. Their ability to step up in big moments and turn defense into offense usually breaks the spirits of most guys. But if you can keep your cool and keep bringing it to them, be that shot maker for two or three sets, it is very possible to beat them on these HCs as Juan Martin proved in IW and Haas just showed last night. The most daunting task is trying to beat 2-3 out of the big four to win a tournament.

I doubt Novak ends the year not being number 1. But like Nadal, Novak has a good amount of points to protect in the clay court season. And Nadal has nothing but points to gain after that. If Nadal can protect his points during clay it might at least lead to some tightness on top in the season's second half.

#430 ·
#431 ·
that pathetic fanbase lives vicariously through hating on this tall blonde chick, who is the best paid female athlete of all time. They can't fathom an idea of a beautiful, well-spoken and intelligent woman being such a superstar, so any loss of hers to them is a "proof" how overrated she is apparently:lol: For decades female tennis was ruled by horsefaces and lesbians, so actually having a Kournikova-lite starlete, who can also play tennis, must infuriate those fools...let them seethe:worship:

#433 ·
Djokovic lost? :tape: Hopefully Murray will save the tournament.

I don't like today's schedule. I would love to see Jelena way more that another Maria-Errani match :eek: Oh well. I hope I will have my dream SF :drool:
Knowing my luck, I will have 3 big faves in the semis but the inevitable evil will win :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.