WWW: 17 year old Serena Williams vs. 17 year old Maria Sharapova - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who would win, Serena or Maria?

Serena 86 59.31%
Maria 53 36.55%
Too close to call 6 4.14%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #166
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WWW: 17 year old Serena Williams vs. 17 year old Maria Sharapova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
do you think it'll be like roles reversed?
like if stephens beats masha in a slam final (somehow )

and the balance will shift in favour of sloane, and masha will go on a decade long revenge quest to destroy her everytime they play
If Sloane somehow beats Masha in a final? Never will get the accolades Masha got. In fact NOBODY ever got the accolades Masha got, so it's what it is.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 5th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #167
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
If Sloane somehow beats Masha in a final? Never will get the accolades Masha got. In fact NOBODY ever got the accolades Masha got, so it's what it is.
Can you imagine how the hype would have been even bigger if Sharapova played Fed Cup and all that for the United States??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #168
country flag End da Game

End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light End da Game is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.2812 View Post
Maria and it's not even close.
She was fearless at 17.
a lot of the very best players are 'fearless' when they are young, thats what allowed them to achieve greatness
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #169
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
do you think it'll be like roles reversed?
like if stephens beats masha in a slam final
(somehow )

and the balance will shift in favour of sloane, and masha will go on a decade long revenge quest to destroy her everytime they play
No In case you haven't noticed, Sloane doesn't exactly look the part of someone who'll become a hero for dethroning Pova. Plus it wouldn't have as much of the surprise factor, Sharapova's never been the best player in the world with a seemingly unbeatable aura (no shade), nor does the media seem eager to have her dethroned(she's recognized as a huge asset due to her marketability, the millions of straight fans who tune in cuz she's hot, and gay/female fans who tune in because they idolize/want to be like their diva). But sure Sharapova could destroy her everytime they play for a decade, Sloane isn't that good
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #170
country flag JLG

JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute

"Sloane isn't that good"

I dunno....she has alotta things. Good technique, good speed, good power, net game and touch, good consistency, good serve, good forehand....and her backhand recently doesn't look as weak..

I think she's mentally tough enough, anyway...and she might even be tougher than we know yet.

I just think that one point I made is the difference right now, and I've seen other players praised to high-heavens with alot less talent so i'm not gonna do that to her
JLG is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote