Tennis Forum banner

Womens Tennis in General

225K views 5K replies 57 participants last post by  marineblue 
#1 ·
A thread that I hope will be a nice alternative to the vile General Morons board that I don't recognize as a legitimate tennis forum but just as a meeting place for the mentally deranged. Although this is primarily set up for the regular posters on Caroline's player forum it's ok for the non-Caro fan who may stumble in here to participate as well. Just as long as they refrain from player bashing (especially Caro bashing), name-calling and trolling. Otherwise there's no point to this and it's better to stick to General Morons.

#5,031 ·
After Na defeated Maria I was hoping she would win the final but after the ridiculous outrage about Victoria's "cheating" I am glad that she won.

#5,047 ·
I thought Jimmie48 was a very good fan of Caroline's. We were in a lot of GM threads together, arguing with haters that because Caro had not won a major, nothing she did was worthy of praise.
He enjoys that more than I do. Vika has her haters too.
I dont want to do GM again, except for obvious stuff, until I see Caroline playing smart and using her skillset. That was what I was arguing about.
When she started playing wildly on her forehand side, I didnt understand it, and I still dont.
She didnt realize she won because she played great defense & had a great backhand?
I thought Caroline should have been working on improving her defense to offense game. That includes short lobs by her opponents, and short balls and net play.
I dont see any improvement there, but I saw a lot of forehand errors early in points.
I think its a shame, because these soft draws were going to happen for Caroline if she stayed the course, and kept her steady foundation, while improving the things she still needs to improve. It could have happened, because Caroline was only losing to older players at the hardcourt majors. Kim, Li, Serena were most of the losses.

#5,059 ·
The "ignore" feature is a magical thing. If I find someone's posts bothersome to read I just put them on ignore.

It looks like this thread has hit the magical 5000 post count so I guess we should start up volume two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.