Tennis Forum banner

Ajmo Ana Savic!

174K views 2K replies 60 participants last post by  networthy 
#1 ·
She deserves a thread, at least because she is beautiful! :p ;)

See less See more
#1,538 ·
Next up is Barrois, who is the second seed here, but a total mess in the last two years compared to her best times. I don't know if injuries played a part in this story, but a player who was for years a steady top 100 material, suddenly became unable to even reach top 200. She is currently around 250 and it'll be interesting to see how much Ana can do against her after that confidence boost from yesterday. I have to say that, after a long time I'm becoming optimistic about Ana's tennis again. She really needed that win against Evtimova and I hope it proves as an important result in the days and weeks to come.

#1,545 ·
Changes in the calendar of Ana's tournaments:
It does not play this week in 25.000 of Zawada (Poland) it nor will play next week in 25.000 of Bucha (Ukraine) either.
She contemplates two calendars:
Priority 1: 3 25.000 in Mérida (Mexico): 2-8, 9-15 and 16-22 December.
Priority 2: 2 25.000 in India: 2-8 Dec. in Pune and 9-15 Dec. in Navi Mumbai

I do not understand these changes of calendars to be going to play so far away of house. The calendar european: 11-17 Nov.: 25.000 Zawada (Poland), 18-24 Nov.: 25.000 Bucha (Ukraine), 9-15 Dec. 25.000 Madrid (Spain) and 16-22 Dec. 50.000 Ankara, it seems to me to be much better in every sense: minor expense in trips and major possibilities of adding more point

#1,550 ·
Exactly one year ago I became her big fan. I expected big things from her - playing in qualies at Grand Slams, some tournaments in WTA. Her level of play in Ankara was TOP 100 without a doubt. She was wonderful not only in her tennis, but her look was (and is) gorgeous too. I thought she will become another really good Croatian player, but I was wrong. One year later she is hardly TOP 400 player. It is so depressing regarding how talented player she is.
Maybe it was one dream year. Maybe Ankara was her peak and she will never play like that. Hope she will prove me wrong one day. She can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.