Donna Vekic - Volume 2

351K views 5K replies 142 participants last post by  Poiree 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
New volume

#10 ·
#16 ·
:cheer:

#23 ·
Awesome to hear about mixed doubles - could be a great fun to watch!

Btw, Donna's highschool classmates have developed GiGa Tennis Team, a mobile app which should be available in the App Store as soon as this summer. It's designed for tennis pros and amateurs who want to design their practice sessions better with a practical sollution and Donna helped develop it with her tennis experience - just heard on the radio.

#26 ·
She'll have to do quite well there; she's got 34 points coming off the week before, and just as much during the Baku week, so she'll barely break even with a QF. But I'd say she'll have more than enough time to prepare after Wimbledon.

#33 ·
Well, it is better to go in Baku if you ask me. First, she is still too young and have plenty of years to compete at biggest tournaments. I believe (if she stays injury free and dedicated as she is now) Donna already next year will be in California in that time. But don't forget that she is still not on level to compete against best of the best. Just remember that big part of this year she was struggling when she won one round in big tournaments like in AO, Miami, etc. If we do not count now Birmingham, only more matches she has played at Istanbul 50k. So, she definitely needs more matches at WTA level. Stronger tournaments will come with time. :yeah:

#36 ·
http://www.vecernji.hr/sport/tenis/voljela-bih-cilicem-zaigrati-hopmanovu-kupu-clanak-571592

Not much new stuff here, so I'll skip the things that've been mentioned a million times before:

- problem from Birmingham isn't so much the shoulder as much as the back, a stiff nerve, but everything will be fine for Wimbledon

- at SW19 she'd like to pass a round but she'll take it a match at a time

- Donna started her sporting career as a gymnast and switched to tennis at the age of 6

- currently she's doing 2 practice sessions plus a fitness session every day but finds time to go out to town if she's not too tired

- hope her best friend on Tour, Petra Martic, will regain her ranking ASAP so they can hang out together more

- she'd like to compete at the Hopman Cup and she had a chat about it with Marin Cilic, there is a possibility (you're welcome BlueTrees)

And that's about it ;)

#38 ·
http://www.jutarnji.hr/donna-vekic--gode-mi-usporedbe-sa-sarapovom/1109786/

Important points:

About Daily Mail's comparisson to Sharapova - it's nice and would be great to achieve such things, but each player has it's own way and I don't want to pressure myself too much; top 50 is a goal for 2013.

On Felgate being serious all the time - he does smile and he's not always serious, but I like the fact he is that way during the match; sometimes when things get tough I look at him and it helps to see him calm.

Regarding her biggest issues in tennis - obviously movement is the greatest, but we're working on it and it'll improve along with the increase in stamina; it takes time but in the years to come it'll be better.

It also says that Donna is "already answering her questions by default" and that she did 25 flash interviews in two hours that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.