8th Linz - ma re*
15th Moscow - MarkNL*
23rd SEC, Istanbul - Frederik*/longtin23*
30th TOC, Sofia - longtin23*

NOVEMBER

3rd Federation Cup - ma re*​

See less See more
#120 ·
I am sorry, but I would just do Cincinnati doubles...

#123 ·
thanks for the post... almost forgot that I'm managing Carlsbad

#125 ·
I guess I'll have to manage Montreal too :scratch:

#127 ·
I'll let you do the doubles :lol:

#130 ·
:lol: I am just so free to manage tournaments, but dont want to do much so I choose doubles :p

Anyway, others please help ma_re and Fred to manage more tournaments in order to alleviate their workload :D

#131 ·
and no one signed for cincy :eek:

#132 ·
I'm on vacation this week so can't help out :sad:

Will do US Open doubles though.

#135 ·
If you could do Cincinnati that would be awesome cause I really can't do it, longtin23 is doing doubles there and Fred is busy lately so I'm not sure if he can do it either (he's managing Toronto singles this week).

I'm doing New Haven and that will be my first time managing. If I manage that tournament well and I have time someother week I'll try to help out :)

EDIT: I think I would be able to do Moscow, but not sure. Can I sign up under some kind of probation? I will withdraw my managing within a large amount of time if I end up not being able to manage :p Would be particularily nice because I won my only tipping title in Moscow last year :)
Of course you can sign-up in advance and change your mind later, no problem about that. Should I then sign you up for Moscow?

#134 ·
I'm doing New Haven and that will be my first time managing. If I manage that tournament well and I have time someother week I'll try to help out :)

EDIT: I think I would be able to do Moscow, but not sure. Can I sign up under some kind of probation? I will withdraw my managing within a large amount of time if I end up not being able to manage :p Would be particularily nice because I won my only tipping title in Moscow last year :)

#137 ·
Anyone for the US Open? :unsure:

I can't do it because I'll be in NY that week.

#139 ·
Well, to have some spare time during the week, to be able to count (or use a calculator), keep track of how each player played on each day, post updated scores after each day and that's pretty much it. And of course, to clearly understand the game's rules.

If you're interested, just say so;)

#141 ·
Sure! Oh, I forgot to say that when it comes to International series tournaments, you as a manager get to choose which one we'll play that week, cause in tipping we always play only one tournament per week. And since you are (I'm guessing) from the US, you might want to consider Quebec (starting September 10th), as it's the only one left after the US Open that's not half way around the world. Of course, there are no rules against running any event that you choose (I ran Australian Open for example, and I'm in Europe), so it's totally your call.

Anyway, on page 1 you can see which tournaments are reserved and which are still free to take, so when you find some time and if you're still interested, just let us know;)

#144 ·
A little early, but better to be safe than sorry, especially first time around;)

Is there a way to do a mock tournament??For practice?
I'm afraid not. But it's not a big deal really, there's always someone to help out, Frederik and I can give you a hand with the scoring and it's normal to see other players posting order of play for you if you don't have time. No one expects perfection in your very first tournament:)

#147 ·
I've checked and I'll able to do Moscow if nothing else shows up :)

I can't do USO, Next 2 weeks are busy. I can try to help out the manager a bit. Also I've just started managing and I don't think it would be a good idea if I ran a Grand Slam as my 2nd tourney :lol:

#149 ·
Sorry I cant manage as well as the summer holiday homework is in a rush :lol:
But I can help in the second week...

#150 ·
Thanks longtin, I know you're always ready to help, no problem if you can't this time:)

---

So folks...there's a serious risk that we don't play doubles in NY, cause it's really impossible for the same manager to run both, especially in a major.

#152 ·
Great to see you offer to help! In that case, I'll run the singles and you can run the doubles. I understand that you've never managed a tournament before so of course, if you have any questions or help, you can just send me a private message. Players usually help the manager by posting the Order of play, and I'm sure people would be understanding if you don't do everything perfectly and promptly. If you are still interested, try browsing previous tipping doubles threads, just to see if there's anything that you don't understand. It would be great if you could open the thread today or tomorrow, so that poeple have enough time to sign-in and form teams.

I'll send you a PM with some more specific advice now;)

#155 ·
"Edit" -> "Go Advanced"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.