Tennis Forum banner

YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

73K views 1K replies 93 participants last post by  Abuttons 
#1 ·
I have no idea how she'll do here. Here's hoping for an easy group.

#646 ·
I wish Maria won that final in Miami and flopped today at the YEC... Oh well, revenge has been served! Well done Maria!

#661 ·
How can that be - unless you assume that Masha is going to lose to Stosur? - We dunno yet if Masha ends up as the #1 or the #2 in the group - According to the TV commentators - Masha's 2 wins aren't enough to be sure of a semi final spot - I have no idea how that is possible

#655 ·
Mixed bag. She was atleast good at the net today and generally was putting away balls nicely, rather than her usual shit of hitting right back to the opponent. And she FINALLY opened her shoulders on the return after that 1st-set horrorshow, and generally was hitting 2011-style returns in the 2nd and 3rd sets. But she was so ragged from the baseline, and that serve.... :unsure:

Hopefully she steps it up for the SFs. How much effort do we reckon she'll put in against Stosur?

#662 ·
And by the way, yes credit to Radwanska for fighting, blablabla, and she was classier at the end of the match than I expected .... but let's face it, it's quite telling of how little influence she had on the outcome that she actually played better in the sets she lost than the set she won :oh:

#666 ·
That was a ride, I have no words. New Taylor song can say it for me: We're happy free confused and lonely at the same time
It's miserable and magical oh yeah

#678 ·
I appologize for all my doom and gloom. But phew this was so tight.. She had some luck.. Thanks God.

#679 ·
By the way, do you guys realise that this year, Maria has gotten atleast one win over practically every active player who's been top 5 in the past 5 years? :rolls: Azarenka, Radwanska, Kvitova, Clijsters, Venus, Stosur, Wozniacki, Kerber, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Petrova, Li. All she needs is to beat You Know Who here and she has pretty much the full set (or am I forgetting some?).

#682 ·
By the way, do you guys realise that this year, Maria has gotten atleast one win over practically every player who's been top 5 in the past 5 years? :rolls: Azarenka, Radwanska, Kvitova, Clijsters, Venus, Stosur, Wozniacki, Kerber, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Petrova, Li. All she needs is to beat You Know Who here and she has pretty much the full set.
Damn Sveta! :lol:... Actually, when was the last time Maria played her?

#688 ·
I was so busy with twitter that I didn't even enjoy the ace and the moment, I'll have to download the match to watch it properly :lol:
time to sleep now :angel: see ya tomorrow!:p

#694 ·
just checked SerenaSlam ....... It looks more like VikaSlam subforum , they are so much Vikatards now

And they are such a Mashahaters...... still don't understand why? don't they see that Vika is much more dangerous for Serena than any other player?

I like Aga, she is like the epitome of ballbasher killer--I think WTA is lucky to have her in the top 5--she pushes power players to be the best they can be or else they don't deserve to win, like how Maria almost did not today.
if all surfaces are like on Kremlin Cup and YEC, soon we won't see a single powerful player in WTA painting the lines.....

Only runners and baseline walls will be ruling in WTA. Serena's and Masha's are not borning every year or even decade

#695 ·
The thing is - and I'll never admit this in GM - I do actually quite enjoy watching Radwanska aswell :lol: Even though I think she's very much an overachiever (and I still certainly think Maria let her do better in today's match than she should've done), I do actually find her more fun to watch than Wozniacki, because she does place the ball into unpredictable places on the court.

#697 ·
her behaviour on court is atroscious.... She behaves like all her opponents are obliged to miss balls and give her free points.... I can't stand her facial expression (very ugly to my mind) when she misses the ball or when her opponent is smashing her off the court....

If she was more like Shiny Wozniacki I'd like her more ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.