Tennis Forum banner

Road to Melbourne 2013

15K views 195 replies 36 participants last post by  maturedgirl 
#1 ·
1st week in Brisbane
2nd week qualies in Sydney

She's second on the ALT list in Sydney. So there's still a little chance getting directly into the main draw.

11 days to go:cheer:

I don't think we need a 3 years old thread.

#86 ·
Really, really solid :cheer: And she's so fit :inlove:

#92 ·
Important win for Sabine, really nice!
Couldn´t watch it but great to hear that Sabine got fitter again, good serving as well it seems, that´s a good start! :)
No pressure against Azarenka, hope that she can show a good match, a bit closer than it was in China hopefully.

#96 ·
I saw her match on tennistv and have to say that this was indeed a very strong performance by Sabine. It looks like she has raised her fitness level significantly during the offseason. So i am really curious about her next match against Azarenka. I think she can at least make it a match.

#98 ·
Azarenka is just another level of consistency and won't give her that number of errors though nothing than a Vika victory would be more than a surprise. Hope like others for a good match and that she will take some confidence along to the sydney qualy.

A shame she'd placed in this quarter of the Brissy draw!:devil:

#105 ·
Sabine can be satisfied with the result!
She played aggressive and attacked Azarenka´s weak 2nd serve, that is how u have to play.
But she often was not patient enough, brainless ballbashing often and just too many errors, that´s just not enough then if you play the world no1!
Her own serve also wasn´t as effective as it should be but Azarenka is one of the best returners also but there is still some work to do there for Sabine,
but good signs here in Brisbane, good matches, hope she can show some good tennis in Sydney as well. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.