Tennis Forum banner

Road to Melbourne 2013

15K views 195 replies 36 participants last post by  maturedgirl 
#1 ·
1st week in Brisbane
2nd week qualies in Sydney

She's second on the ALT list in Sydney. So there's still a little chance getting directly into the main draw.

11 days to go:cheer:

I don't think we need a 3 years old thread.

#158 ·
I think I've started liking Sabine again :lol:

#169 ·
When Sabine was ill,not injured,her performance:
2011 Beijing withdrawed in 2nd round (gluten allergy/food poisoning)
2011 Linz lost in 1st round
2011 luxemberg withdrawed

2012 Paris withdrawed (viral illness)
2012 Doha lost in 1st round
2012 Dubai lost in 2nd round
2012 Indian Wells lost in 1st round
------------------------------------
She always need a long time to recover.

#171 ·
A viral illness?
As in a slight cold perhaps?

Only Sabine could pick up such a thing in Australia's summer!

Last year, I saw Djokovic blowing his nose at sit downs due to having a cold, Federer was the same in a match. I've also seen Serena blowing her nose due to a cold

I'm afraid Sabine is going to have to play through these little illnesses if she wants to get where she wants to be

#175 ·
Lol, 2nd tournament of the year and already has to withdraw again, always the same :hysteric:
well, still much time before Melbourne starts, I have no doubts that she will be able to play but with Sabine u always have to expect the worst, hope that this virus won´t kill her good shape from Brisbane totally :unsure:
Anyway, Sabine will be unseeded in Melbourne, she needs luck with the draw for sure, we´ll see..

#177 ·
This is just shit and on top of it it's even worse than last year.
If you take a look at her 2012 Start, she played well, got injured after 3 Matches. But at least was Ranked very High. First Match AO and pretty much the complete AO she played not very well. Got to 4th round somehow.

This year she played well, but gets sick after just two matches and can't afford it.
Plus unseeded at AO, which means she would need to play her best from day one, which she isn't good at.

I have no hopes for some wins in the next Tournaments.

#192 ·
Let`s hope Sabine will be 100 % for Aus Open and Fed Cup :sad:

I see, a very quick Virus it was :tape:

Drückeritis, kommt und geht schnell :eek:
:lol:

Well, i think we agree that she has enough pull outs for a Tennislifetime already.
Stimmt, und Sabine ist wirklich außergewöhnlich oft krank :eek:

#180 · (Edited)
More disappointment for Bine and more disappointment for me. She's so fragile... oh well again I will save my money and not go to the tournament, better things to do that sit in the hot sun watching tennis when I have AC at home.

Obviously I feel hurt by not being able to see her AGAIN but it's not her fault and can't be helped. Speedy recovery. She still managed a 4th round placing in Aus Open last year while missing my local tourney. At first I felt annoyed with Bine for missing it as if she couldn't possibly be that sick to again withdraw and angry that she's again missing the one tourney where I could drive to go seen her, but since I've calmed down. We need to support her, not blame her. Usually the posters on here seem mad with Bine for getting sick or injured, how do you think she must feel? she needs :hug: now not criticism like 'she is such a fail'. Bine is an emotional girl and fans must stick by her.

Even Vika fans know about frustration with her withdrawing from Brisbane, there's nothing fans can do about it. We just have to accept it. Get well soon Bine :hug: I love her even though I don't know when I'll ever be able to watch her live :sad:

#186 ·
Well, i think we agree that she has enough pull outs for a Tennislifetime already.

I don't like the mentality of faked injuries or sicknesses which seems to be the standard on the tour these days. Yeah i know they have to, but still...

Since it's unusual hot in Australia she may have decided to skip Sydney because of that, could be a smart move in the end aslong as her AO Draw and result don't turn out to be a catastrophe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.