Amélie News and Articles 2014 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 04:39 PM   #46
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amélie News and Articles 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
Murray lost, and we all know Amelie will get the blame because she is a woman

Btw, I didn't watch tennis when Amelie was in her prime, but where did she get the nickname Bagelie? Did she really get bageled that often?
I don't think that 'nickname' was ever really widely used, it was only an idiot or two in GM who adopted it. I think it was after she got two 0 sets against Maria in the US open in 2006. But no, she rarely got bageled, she was far too good for that

I'm sure some will blame her for Andy's loss even though it's not fair to. It's not as though they came up with an awful game plan, he was just pretty bad today. Sadly
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 05:31 PM   #47
country flag marismexico

marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
Murray lost, and we all know Amelie will get the blame because she is a woman

Btw, I didn't watch tennis when Amelie was in her prime, but where did she get the nickname Bagelie? Did she really get bageled that often?

Trolls in GM

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Rafael Nadal 13 and counting

Maria Sharapova and David Ferrer
marismexico is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 10:14 PM   #48
country flag AmeDevotee

AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri View Post
I don't think that 'nickname' was ever really widely used, it was only an idiot or two in GM who adopted it. I think it was after she got two 0 sets against Maria in the US open in 2006. But no, she rarely got bageled, she was far too good for that

I'm sure some will blame her for Andy's loss even though it's not fair to. It's not as though they came up with an awful game plan, he was just pretty bad today. Sadly
Yeah, idiots in GM adopted it when her form started declining, but even then she didn't get bagelled that much. As Gerri says, she was just too good for that.

Sad about Andy's loss, but it's certainly not Amelie's fault - she's been with him less than a month, for God's sake. I hope he'll have the sense to give it longer, but if not at least we got to see a lot of her.

Au Revoir

"Form is temporary; class is permanent."
AmeDevotee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 01:09 AM   #49
country flag marismexico

marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all
Happy birthday Amelie.

And I have to say british press is the worst!!!

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Old Jul 5th, 2014, 01:45 PM   #50
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute

Happy 35th Amelie

Sui have a seat kid
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 11:01 PM   #51
country flag AmeDevotee

AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely birthday pic: http://t.co/IPOpvSPBOx

Au Revoir

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:32 PM   #52
country flag BARBIE
Au Revoir, Amélie !!!

BARBIE has a reputation beyond repute BARBIE has a reputation beyond repute BARBIE has a reputation beyond repute BARBIE has a reputation beyond repute BARBIE has a reputation beyond repute BARBIE has a reputation beyond repute BARBIE has a reputation beyond repute BARBIE has a reputation beyond repute BARBIE has a reputation beyond repute BARBIE has a reputation beyond repute BARBIE has a reputation beyond repute

Amelie

Happy Belated Birthday
BARBIE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #53
country flag marismexico

She is nominated for the Hall of Fame with Kafelnikov, Mary Pierce and Bruguera

Old Jul 29th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #54
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marismexico View Post
about time

Sui have a seat kid
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 03:21 AM   #55
country flag manick1983

manick1983 is just really nice manick1983 is just really nice manick1983 is just really nice manick1983 is just really nice manick1983 is just really nice manick1983 is just really nice manick1983 is just really nice manick1983 is just really nice manick1983 is just really nice manick1983 is just really nice manick1983 is just really nice

Translated interview of Amelie for L'Equipe: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s2vge4
manick1983 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #56
country flag AmeDevotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by marismexico View Post
Delighted to hear it.

Au Revoir