Tennis Forum banner

Beginning of the 2013

12K views 185 replies 28 participants last post by  Caipirinha Guy 
#1 · (Edited)
1st week - Auckland (Aga), Brisbane (Ula) [Aga 1st seed, Ula in MD]
2nd week - Sydney (Aga and Ula) [Aga 1st seed with bye in R1, Ula last in MD]
3rd week - Australian Open (Aga and Ula)
4th week - Australian Open (Aga and probably Ula)
5th week - free (Aga), Paris (Ula in MD)
6th week - probably Fed Cup (Aga and Ula)

;)

#180 ·
I think her poor performance today is due to fatigue. Aga has played so many matches this year and given the amount of running she does every match to cover the court, it was only natural this would happen. :(
She had a good chance to advance to the semis, but her body let her down.

Still, the last month has been a wonderful one for Aga, it can only get better :D

#181 ·
To be honest this was not the worst performance of the tournament. She absolutely must alter her schedule and put more focus on grand slams. She should have just played Sydney. It would have been a good warm up and not completely drained her energy for AO. She wasn't playing under the level of Na by much. If she had taken the chances she had in the first set it could have been different.

#182 ·
I am not 100% sure that her performance was due to fatigue, but maybe. I have a feeling that Agnieszka has hard time dealing with certain kinds of pressure. I continue to notice a pattern since her win over Maria at USO. She lost the very next match against Shahar, same after beating Petrova at AO and falling to Daniela. The matches that she has lost were absolutely in hear reach. Furthermore some players have similar impact on her. She has hard time playing Victoria, Maria, Serena and few others. I am not saying that she should win every match against them (especially Serena may be hard) or seize every opportunity at higher level of slams, but her percentage should be higher. One can see that her losses are due to what appears to be loss of motivation which I am sure is only a symptom and not real lack of motivation. If I am right she has to find a way to detach herself from the pressure and just play every match, set, game, ball.

#183 ·
^I agree. A player that she has a negative head to head against can cause a lack of belief in herself to win even though she has the skills to do so.

We see how she plays against Azarenka, Kuznetsova, Cetkovska, Sharapova (improving greatly on this though) and Li Na (seems to be the new hurdle). She has beat all those players in the past but sometimes you just feel that she plays safer than normal when she faces them. She beat Li Na easily in Sydney just 2 weeks ago and Stuttgart but I think because it was on a slam stage she just played too safe.

But there will be plenty more opportunities. Once she is learning from her mistakes in the slams.

#185 ·
Aga :sobbing:

Weak performance from Aga. Many UEs. Very weak serve. Li is too powerful. I hate Li :fiery:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.