Tennis Forum banner

What's up with the Taiwanese. They do not want to play with each other or what?

24K views 127 replies 47 participants last post by  Voiceofthefan 
#1 ·
Looking at KL draw there are 6 pairs involving Taiwanese and all of them are pairing players from other countries. I know Chuang and Y.Chan had their problems, are they still keeping the distance? such a waste as they went to 2 grand slam finals together. Any Taiwanese here? maybe you guys know local gossip that we don't?

Thanks

#49 ·
Well, I actually cried a little reading this whole shit :tears: Su-Wei :hug:

#50 ·
Hsu Chieh-yu just started representing the Republic of China (Taiwan), competing under the flag of Chinese Taipei, aiming at

wiki:
Hsu Chieh-yu (許婕妤 Connie Hsu) born January 14, 1992 in Taiwan...

Hsu has won four singles and six doubles titles on the ITF tour in her career. On April 21, 2014, she reached her best singles ranking of world number 224. On July 29, 2013, she peaked at world number 161 in the doubles rankings.

Hsu, although born in Taiwan, represented China until 2007, the year of her debut on the WTA tour at the Cincinnati Masters. In 2008, she became an American citizen and studied at the University of Pennsylvania before turning professional. However, at the Audi Melbourne Pro Tennis Classic in April 2014, she started competing under the flag of Chinese Taipei.

http://www.bcc.com.tw/news_view.asp?nid=2325067

#58 · (Edited)
Hsieh insisted that partnering YJ Chan is the top priority in the Asian Game, a conclusion arrived at by her team of coaches.

By the way, Hsieh's father is the Taiwan team coach in Aisan Game. Her own coach, Paul McNamee also acts as a consultant.

https://zh-tw.facebook.com/suweihsieh/posts/683827385029985

#61 ·
From Su-Wei Hsieh's facebook page, :oh:

"I would like to announce my plans for September\October, when both the Asian games and WTA tournaments are scheduled. I will be representing Taiwan in the Teams event of the Asian Games, which I am very much looking forward to, and play the China Open following that. My reason for not playing the doubles in the second week of the Asian Games is because my desire to play with Latisha Chan, which I expressed publicly, to try and win a gold medal for Taiwan, was not reciprocated. Having recently been ranked #1 in the world, I find this extremely disappointing. As a consequence, after consultation with my father and my coach, I will now play the China Open with my regular partner Peng Shaui. I look forward to the Teams event of the Asian Games very much.
Su wei Hsieh"

#66 ·
Funny thing is that she was qualified under doubles discipline.

Yung-Jan and Hao Ching have a good year, they are 15th on the road to Singapore and will rise with Montréal semis I find this logical they teamed up for the games.
But why Su-Wei wants to play only with Yung-Jan ? Chuang and her would make a good pair
Chuang was not accepted by ranking.

#69 · (Edited)
Heish is a very very smart girl.Perhaps that pipe of peace was offered with tongue in her cheek to Chan.But she has successfully made it look like "it is Chan unwilling to break the ice for Taiwan's sake and it's not me should be taking the blame for any possible consequences."

#70 · (Edited)
Hsieh not playing singles is another controversy in itself...I think the federation didn't select her to play singles only the team, doubles, and mixed event. :help: There was a lengthy post on Hsieh's facebook 4-5 months ago about this.

All this means Chan/Chan better medal now.

I wonder if this scenario will come up again 2 years from now at Rio. If Chuang isn't 100%, Hsieh might as well play with her sister.

#72 ·
I wonder if this scenario will come up again 2 years from now at Rio. If Chuang isn't 100%, Hsieh might as well play with her sister.
Hsieh will probably still select Chuang if she can enter directly to Rio.

Selecting her sister will create controversies like this Asian game if her sister's ranking is not high enough. At least Chuang proved to be successful in GS and previous Olympics (partnering with her in London).

i wish those Chan sister wont win a damn thing, they only want to play together, and wanted to play all the single to get all the glory themself :haha:
the young one marketing herself as Taiwan Sharapova:haha: LMAO with Wimbledon Mixed Double FINAL :haha: for god sake
these 2 such a bitch
They didn't want to play singles. Singles are more difficult to obtain a medal = no $$$

The result from today's press is:

Team
- Chan CW, Chan HC, Chan YJ, Hsieh SW

Singles
- Hsu CY
- Lee PC

Doubles
- Chan HC, Chan YJ
- Chan CW, Hsu CY

Mixed
- Chan HC, Peng HY
- Chan YJ, Lee HH

It's like Guangzhou Asian games again where Chan YJ doesn't play the singles event at all despite the fact she was accepted as singles. I am sure the press will make it Hsieh's fault again even though Hsieh tried to make it not her fault by doing everything publicly on facebook.

#71 ·
i wish those Chan sister wont win a damn thing, they only want to play together, and wanted to play all the single to get all the glory themself :haha:
the young one marketing herself as Taiwan Sharapova:haha: LMAO with Wimbledon Mixed Double FINAL :haha: for god sake
these 2 such a bitch

#73 ·
Singles
- Hsu CY
- Lee PC

:haha: :haha: :haha:

and the Chan strategy :haha: they are still a bitch whatever

#74 ·
No one cares about the Asian Games. :sad: :oh:
The prize money per gold medal for Taiwan players in Asian Games is $100,000 (TWD 3 million).

It is more than, say, Cincinnati WD winner $133,700/2 = $66,850.

The maximum per Chan sisters can earn is $300,000, more than Cincinnati WS finalist $227,000.

Team: $100,000
Women's Doubles: $100,000
Mixed Doubles: $100,000.

And the total money Chan sisters could earn is $550,000 ($50,000 for silver).

#75 ·
Now Hsieh should have the say as to whom she would play doubles in the team event.

She would choose CHAN Chin Wei, or even Angel CHAN Hao Ching but never Latisha Chan.

#76 ·
who could play with Chan CHin Wei, she is too crap to play Double even Single :p

#82 ·
Chang Kaichen and Chuang said something on facebook and they are pro-Hsieh :oh: the drama continue :oh:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#83 ·
Hsieh "likes" Chang's Facebook page. :secret:

#85 ·
Why are the Chan sisters favored? Is it because Hao-Ching is pretty?

Good job from Hsieh in handling the situation, she came out looking the best

#86 ·
Why are the Chan sisters favored? Is it because Hao-Ching is pretty?

Good job from Hsieh in handling the situation, she came out looking the best
the Chan family relationship to the Fedaration, maybe more like well-played game :oh:

BTW is she really pretty?? she needs quite a lot of makeup to make herself pretty :oh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.