Tennis Forum banner

>>> Michelle Larcher De Brito - cheering thread <<<

226K views 5K replies 110 participants last post by  Triggervic 
#1 ·
If we have a separate topic for Michelle's photos, then we are to have a thread where we will be able to root for her...

so let's begin! :bounce:

#2,036 ·
Thus why the win last week might be crucial for her to sneak into Miami qualies. We'll see how it goes. The problem with the calendar is that the bigger tournaments she could play between the AO and Miami are 25k's which is simply ridiculous.

Another 25k might not be too bad on her. If she does well it might give her enough confidence to get some wins in Florida ;)

#2,038 ·
I think last in for now is #123, so Michelle would need either a miracle or a wc to play...

#2,039 ·
Well I checked the normal cut-offs for IW and it always goes around 140-155 :lol: I think there still will be a lot of withdrawals but obviously we can never be sure..

#2,040 ·
25k Clearwater, FL :cheer:

(1)Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR) v Olga Puchkova (RUS)

Demasiada pressão :facepalm: :tears:

#2,045 ·
We can never know what to expect from her :lol: It seems so far away from when she beat Radwanska in Miami :lol:

Oh well. Let's see how she does next week :lol:

#2,046 ·
Well, I don't expect Michelle to win all of her matches, because no one ever does. And, quite frankly, I don't even expect her to win all of the matches that she is 'expected' to win, because no one wins all of those either.

It's pretty obvious that she has been able to pull her game back together. That is why she is winning matches again, and I expect her to continue climbing back up the ranks. Oh, and considering that 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger', I expect that she will end up a better player for the experience of having had to fight her way out of a serious slump. Not everyone recovers from what Michelle has had to endure. When she's back on the main tour full-time, I'm also expecting that the media will start picking on her again because of her grunt. Back then, she promised that she would try to tone it down, and she showed that she's capable of playing just fine without the grunt. If push comes to shove, I really hope that she keeps that promise, because making enemies of the media is never a good idea. Can anyone say Anna Kournikova? I also expect that her career-high ranking will end up a whole lot better than 76, because, needless to say, she is capable of a whole lot more than that. Last, but not least, I expect her to continue fighting, because, above all else, she is a fighter. :armed:

#2,047 ·
Michelle will face Hsieh in Clearwater r1. Hsieh is seed #2 and just won a wta tournament... Michelle is often very unlucky with the draws! Good luck...

#2,050 ·
Next few weeks she's committed to:

19/03: Miami, 3 places out of the qualies.
26/03: Osprey 50k, 9th in the qualies list (Obviously the list depends on Miami).
02/04: Charleston qualies.

#2,051 ·
after MDWCs have been revealed, I think she is the last in qualies, but I am not totally sure!

#2,054 ·
Can't wait for Osprey 50k

#2,055 ·
rank 144 so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.