Which pro does your game compare most to? - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 4th, 2015, 11:43 AM   #301
country flag rackethead

rackethead is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Which pro does your game compare most to?

Federer... no really, just not as consistant obviously.
rackethead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 14th, 2015, 04:21 AM   #302
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
My game is a work in progress.
My serve has really improved but only flat serves. Slow serves but I go for placement.
Mostly a baseliner but I'm not scared of volleying anymore like I was in the past.
Two-handed backhand for normal strokes and volleys. One-handed backhand for slice.
One-handed or two-handed forehand (I can switch easily) for normal strokes. But only one-handed for slice and volleys.
Love hitting lobs and angled shots. Tend to go for a little too much at times. Bad habit I've now gotten rid of. I'm working on consistency and the big difference is that I enjoy hitting the ball for the sake of hitting the ball. Love hitting with a lot of topspin but since I switched to a denser string pattern racquet switched back to my old racquet 16x20 - I need the spin.
Prefer to take open stance for both backhand and forehand. That was one of things holding my game back, I'm really working on my footwork to be ready for every situation.

Semi-western grip for forehand, semi-western grip on the top hand for backhand. Of course, all continental for slices and volleys.

Apparently my footwork is good even although I don't think it is. But I probably think that only because my anticipation is so poor. I would know someone's going to drop shot and yet I won't leave the baseline until the ball leaves their racquet. I have slow reaction, that's not I'm scared of the net. So I think that's the problem, not my footwork.

Prefer slower, high bouncing surfaces. I don't think I play like anyone. I would like to think that my game is built about wood racquet style strokes but with modern grips and equipment.

I just enjoy hitting the ball and enjoy moving the ball from corner to corner, front to back.
I feel like my game has really progressed so changed my post above. One biggest change with my mentality is that I don't go for too much anymore. I don't think I'm a pusher. I do like to go for winners but only after moving my opponent around.

Heroes of Roland Garros: Chris Evert, Monica Seles

Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2015, 04:37 AM   #303
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I can say with confidence now, it's like Clijsters, Vera, and a touch of Murray (I like to hit some off pace slices and angles).

In full confidence (so not today, lol), I'm totally like a Clijsters. Dictate with the forehand, rally with the backhand. But I also like coming to the net and have good volleys.

Indian Wells and Miami: March Madness
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2015, 02:02 PM   #304
country flag JankovicSavior

JankovicSavior is a splendid one to behold JankovicSavior is a splendid one to behold JankovicSavior is a splendid one to behold JankovicSavior is a splendid one to behold JankovicSavior is a splendid one to behold JankovicSavior is a splendid one to behold JankovicSavior is a splendid one to behold JankovicSavior is a splendid one to behold JankovicSavior is a splendid one to behold JankovicSavior is a splendid one to behold JankovicSavior is a splendid one to behold

Like JJ this year.

♚Jelena Jankovic♚

TT Singles:#274 TT Doubles:#244
PAW:#136 Suicide:#186
TE Singles: #40 TE Doubles: #40
Tipping: #61
JankovicSavior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2015, 01:45 AM   #305
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

So I played a tournament after a few months last weekend and realized I have become a poor man's Niculescu. Except I slice my backhand and attack with my two-handed forehand, instead of viceversa like she does.

God, please kill me.
Tripp is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2015, 02:01 AM   #306
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
So I played a tournament after a few months last weekend and realized I have become a poor man's Niculescu. Except I slice my backhand and attack with my two-handed forehand, instead of viceversa like she does.

God, please kill me.
You mean like Pancho Segura?

Heroes of Roland Garros: Chris Evert, Monica Seles

Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2015, 10:54 AM   #307
country flag Tripp

Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute Tripp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
You mean like Pancho Segura?
Yeah! Minus the talent
Tripp is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote