Tennis Forum banner

Your tennis results?!

305K views 2K replies 311 participants last post by  Spencer. 
#1 ·
So it's technically about tennis, but I thought it would have a better fit here in non tennis. This would be a thread just to post your own personal tennis results as they happen for those of us that play for fun. Yesterday I played a freind of mine that I play the most and I won 5-7, 6-3, 6-1. I was up 4-0 in the first set and then i don't know what happened :eek: but after the first set I only faced one break point the rest of the match and I saved it. :bounce:

#2,137 ·
Won 6-1, 6-0, 6-4 today against Daniela-Is-Mine :)

#2,141 ·
Won singles 3 and 0. My opponent wasn't crash-hot but I'll take it. I made a ton of errors in set 1, could've done even better. I was lazy as hell too. I'll need to do better against some others.

Won doubles 9-5. My partner's a slightly creepy older man, I don't like him that much but whatever :rolls:.

Reactions: Mr.Sparkle
#2,143 ·
Finally won a Mixed Doubles match after losing 3 in a row.

7-5 7-6 (2)

On the second set my partner and I were down 0-3* and 2*-5 before we raced back up and took the tie-break. The lady on the opposing team was a total C-Word calling a lot of my ground strokes out, by the end of the match even her partner was rolling his eyes at her.

It feels good to be back in the winners circle.

#2,144 ·
I thought tennis elbow had returned.

#2,149 ·
The last week my coach organized an exhibition match between another of his players and me
He is 24 and Im 19, and I won 7-6 6-3, the first set was so close, and I didn't lose my serve in the whole match (I am 1.88 m)

and yesterday I beat my brother 6-0 7-5, He was 5-3* up in the second set.

#2,150 ·
Made the 3rd Round of playoffs, first time ever making it that far, so that was fun ;)

Lost the first set 1-6... it was ugly. Some okay shots, but just very inconsistent.

Went down *1-2 0-40 (I was serving) in set 2, and I started finally finding my range. Backhand was hit more DTL, and inside out, and my FHDTL was a little better. Hit a few passing shots, mixed in a few high balls and slices here and there. Tried to play more consistent, but take my risk when I could. It ended up working, because he was getting more flustered, and started hitting more errors, and after a few tough and long couple of games I pulled out the 2nd set 6-3.

Final set I actually went up a break *1-0 to start, but was pretty tired, and wasn't moving my feet. Next thing I was down 1-4, and unlike set 2, I wasn't winning any of the 40-30, or deuce games. In set 2, I was edging those close games out, now I wasn't. Lost the final set 1-6.

So I lost 1-6 6-3 1-6. Opponent was very consistent, and knew the right shots to play. I pulled everything out of my bag of tricks to get the 2nd set, but my fitness was low, and I'm not in good shape anyway, and it was a good day in the end :lol:

#2,151 ·
Today I played my brother.. It was extremely close, yet I was leading the first set 5-4. Since we were running out of time I said lets play first to ten. So we are neck and neck here too until finally I messed up a volley and he wins 11-9...:bigcry: I let out such a huge moan I'm sure the people on the other courts thought I was crazy...:unsure: Now I'm not going to play for a month because I've injured my foot...:sad:

#2,153 ·
A few weeks ago before my finals started :eek:: 0-6, 7-6(3) :lol: Only made a comeback because my opponent called me out really

First time since I played then: 6-1, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 :)

Two different opponents also

#2,155 ·
Hey guys I played my first tournament after a few months at the Rexall Centre, where Rogers Cup is held, they have many indoor courts as well during the winter. I wasn't seeded but it was a draw of 16 tournament for u-16. I won my first match 6-3 6-4, and then my second 6-4 6-3 to reach the semis. I also signed up for doubles, so I play semis singles tomorrow, likely against 1st seed and then doubles matches. Hope for the best, any tips on how to keep calm?

#2,156 ·
^Well, as your resident TF coach:oh: You're problem seems to be nerves. Go out there, and just try to play your game. That sounds cheesy but I'll expand on that.

From what you've said I've gathered that you can hit reasonably hard, but not the hardest, and you're more a 'solid strokes until I can hit a winner' rather than 'BBB from weird angles and hope it goes in'. If you tighten up, the only successful shots you'll be able to hit are pushy topspin shots using your wrist. I think, what you need to do, is size up your opponent. If he's good, and you think you only have a very small chance of beating him, relax at the start. Give yourself a game or two, just to hit a few different strokes, see how hard he hits the ball, where he favours hitting. Don't stop trying to win the points, but don't push yourself and just try to get info, even if basic, like whether he favour BH or FH, where he likes to serve on 1st, 2nd etc.

Once these game(s) are over, you'll likely be behind, which is good for nerves, as you have nothing to lose. Relax a bit more, and remember you're playing because you like the game, because you want win...but you play because you like tennis. (if this isn't true, then that advice is void).

If it's an indoor hardcourt, try to put trust in your 2nd serve, and thus hit big first serves, and try to earn a few free points. However, if you think your serve is a weaker part of your game, then just try hit safe serves, but be watching where's he going to return (in the relaxed game at the start, try hitting a big serve and a safer serve, and see where he returns them, and which he prefers to hit).

Repeat in your head at crucial points if you're leading, or even, that since he's top seed, this is a bonus, and try not to instil doubt into yourself.

As for doubles, I can't say much about that:tape: Just with IN HC try to hit the returns back quick, and beware the volleyer who can finish the point quickly on a fast court.

Good luck:yeah::cheer:

#2,157 ·
Ahahaah yes you are my coach on TF! Yah I think you kinda interpreted my game pretty well, I do serve pretty well, its on the stronger side, I can get a few aces, not like Raonic but like I get some free points of off it, second serve is a different story, I do have a pretty solid second serve but it isn't one that pushes the opponent to back because i get nervous hitting it. But yah I think your strategy is really good my match is at 1:30 tomorrow I hope to win against this kid, he's supposed to be top 200 in Canada but i know a couple of friends that say he is a vulture and plays every tournament and then loses but gets points anyways. Thanks for all the tips, mentality is a huge part of my game that lacks, if I played like I do in practice I would be beating these kids pretty easily and wouldn't be playing level 2 tournaments but level 3 ones instead.... anyway here is my draw:

http://ota.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=8E0ADA88-DBF5-4402-91F7-B19059524FB3&draw=3

#2,160 ·
OMG you checked, thanks soooo much, you made my day. Yah 6-3 6-3 wasn't that bad but I had the lead in the first set I was up 3-1 and serving and I was serving well and acing him a couple of times, then my serve started to get a little weaker and I relied on my second serve more, but with that came the need to rally a lot more, and I didn't have the confidence to go for my shots sooo I started pushing a little and trying to just slice and maneuver him into an error, and he caught up and won 6 straight games in a row which sucked because i totally lost the game plan. In the second i trailed 2-0 before catching up 2-1 and then i was trying to close the gap it was 4-3 with him serving and I had break chances but I screwed them up with stupid errors, and then I imploded on myself in the last two games soooo yah, I need a lot of work mentally, ALOT.... The kid was also really arrogant and un sportsmanship by yelling cmon on my double faults (and his grandparents applauded)..... grrr.

I also played doubles where we played him as well as another kid, We were up 4-1 before we again lost the plan and then it was 6-4 in the first for them and then in the second we lost to them 7-6 (7-3) in tiebreak we played pretty badly, again he was really ungrateful at the net, and said "Sorry for all those forehands, its just business)..... Also when i was going to give the balls back to the tour director at the desk, I overheard him talking to his grandmother and he said "If we lost that doubles match, I would have looked like an idiot".. I was soooo close to murdering him right then and there god. Anyway we went on to win our second doubles match 8-7 (9-7) (it was a proset)

Again thanks to anyone who reads this...

#2,159 ·
Won 7-5 6-3:cheer:

I had a 40 minute warm up, and I was soooo bad:tape: Hadn't played against anyone in a month and a half, spraying ball everywhere:tape:

Luckily I managed to get a grip in the last few minutes, then we started. I surprised myself by going up *2-0, before the typical Melbourne wind began to fuck with us:sobbing: Lost that lead, to *2-2, then played a long deuce game. My flat first serve was going in at least 60% time, and it was quite powerful, so I was at least in control of my service games, and had it been calmer weather, it could have been a serve fest. I held, broke, and got up *4-2, but a double and few untimely errors made me lost that break. Luckily I broke him again for *5-3 when he was serving some pretty massive serves, and had a lot of gps. Then I had my worst service in the set, maybe match, and got broken to love:tape: He held with some big serves to 30, then I had to serve at *5-5. I saved a lot of bps, and I had to resort to a slice serve with the wind, and he was slicing his returns more as well. Bp down, I nearly lost, but reached out and just hit a one handed bh moonball, then hit some weird lobby topspin shot, that was perfect, but I had no idea how I did it:spit: I held, then saved gps in the next game and won the set:cheer:

The 2nd set, the weather cleared up, and I got to *2-0. But I relaxed a bit, and he got it back to *2-2. In that game, I had some really good shots, it was the best game of the match, I did the serve down the T+Big Fh into deuce corner+wrong foot opponent, big FH into deuce corner again:eek::bounce: I began the wrong foot him more, hitting big shots, then hitting to the same spot when he went to cover the gap, and he was hitting some powerful topspin:drool: I held, then held from 0-30:eek:, then I got the last 3 games with some good serves and FH:D

One of the best matches I've played, and hopefully I can translate it to the tournament I'm playing at AO time:)

#2,161 ·
Congrats to you, it sounds like your a really good player, and its really nice when you don't play for a while and surprise yourself with a win, good look at the tournament, ill be here for moral support ahahah! :) :)

#2,165 ·
That sucks if he was cheating:fiery: Maybe your coach should have stepped in, and talked to the tournament director?

Well, at least you can win:hug: Hopefully at your next tournament you get a fairer player. Scoreline suggests you were better than the runner up, so that's some consolation:hug:

#2,167 ·
Exactly, the 'business' comment makes it seem like he didn't give a crap about you as a player, and acted like you had lost 0-6 0-6 even though you had him on the ropes for a bit. Even if you win easily, or think you should have, it's not hard to put on smile, and say good match, my opponents do it:shrug::oh:

#2,171 ·
Yah its soooo frustrating, like you don't say that to anyone ever, when i play people even if they aren't great and I win by a large margin I don't say, ohhh sorry I'm so good or something like that I feel bad for the person which isn't good lol i know, sometimes if I am up 5-1 or something I let up a little because i feel really bad for them especially if they are friends.

#2,172 ·
Same person as last time, 6-4 7-5:cheer: The first two games were the best I've ever played, hit 4 big 1st serves, two unreturnables, 1 followed up with a big FH winner, one with a rally then a CC BH winner:hearts: The second, I hit 4 deep returns, two forced errors, the other two I put away with FH's after a rally.

I didn't want to piss off my opponent and thrash him, as he's the closest thing I've had to a hitting partner, so I relaxed a bit, tried a few things, then dug myself out of trouble at 3-4* to win the set. The second I started well again, 2-0, then relaxed. He jumped ahead *4-3 after my first game I'd lost when playing decent, then I went 5-4*. He served really well, a couple of aces, then I held to love with some good serving. He capitulated in the last games, 4 double faults:tape: He'd only 5 in the match before that.

I think my stats were 2 aces, 14 service winners, 6 doubles, which I'm pretty happy with. W/UE ratio was probably around (not including aces or serve) 20/15, it was a pretty HQ match:yeah: I'm handling topspin much better now, and up 5-4* in the second, I even hit a topspin BH off a 2nd serve that landed deep then bounced into the back wall before he could get it, my first ever topspin BH winner:rolls: I don't know how I did it.

#2,175 ·
I won 7-6(3) for the first pro set I played :rolls: WTA style :hysteric:

Score went like this

0-1*
*2-0
0-3* (I had 3gps and blew it , lost the next 5 points)
*1-3
2-3*
*3-3
3-4*
*4-4
4-5*
*5-5 (saves 1 sp ,but from a doublefault)
5-6*
*6-6

0-1*
*1-1
*2-1
3-1*
*3-2
*3-3
*4-3
5-3* netcord :rolls:
6-3*
7-6(3)

#2,181 ·
Played one of the longest sets I've played in a long time the other day. Maybe an hour and a half? Lost track to be honest. I was up a break, 3-2 I think, got overconfident, broken immediately. Down 3-5, I started playing some serious defensive tennis, since he was playing really well defensively too. A lot of 20+ shot rallies, pretty hard hitting too. Not a lot of chances for net approaches. Fought back to a tiebreaker, lost it 7-4. One of those see-saw contests...

#2,182 ·
Lost my consolation round 0-6 2-6, was down 0-6 0-2*, came back and had 0-6 2-2* 40-15*, but lost 7 points in a row:tape: He had a crap serve, little power, and it FELT like I could win this match easy, but I have barely played since November and only once I remember swinging freely, where I hit a massive CC BH and a CC FH winner...it felt soooo good:hearts: But unfortunately I had no rhythm so most of it was bashing:(

However he ended up winning the whole thing with scores like 6-2 6-0, 6-0 6-0 so it's frustrating that I could have maybe won it if I'd beaten him-capitalised on his shite 2nd serve down bp at 30-40...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.