Tennis Forum banner

Your tennis results?!

305K views 2K replies 311 participants last post by  Spencer. 
#1 ·
So it's technically about tennis, but I thought it would have a better fit here in non tennis. This would be a thread just to post your own personal tennis results as they happen for those of us that play for fun. Yesterday I played a freind of mine that I play the most and I won 5-7, 6-3, 6-1. I was up 4-0 in the first set and then i don't know what happened :eek: but after the first set I only faced one break point the rest of the match and I saved it. :bounce:

#2,048 ·
Good luck! :cheer: Fingers crossed you do well. :yeah:

Uh oh, I went down to the club to do some serving, and it was going great, I've recently changed my serve and my 1st serve % has gone from 15 to 60, and they are better serves too. But I got a back strain or something similar, in my middle back, and while I can still serve and play, I don't want to wreck my back on Saturday. I've put some Nurofen on, but should I do anything else, and is it safe to play through the pain?

I think I'll make a tennis injuries thread sometime.
Oh no, I hope you feel better...maybe it's just a strain and the painkillers will take care of it. :hug:

#2,047 ·
Uh oh, I went down to the club to do some serving, and it was going great, I've recently changed my serve and my 1st serve % has gone from 15 to 60, and they are better serves too. But I got a back strain or something similar, in my middle back, and while I can still serve and play, I don't want to wreck my back on Saturday. I've put some Nurofen on, but should I do anything else, and is it safe to play through the pain?

I think I'll make a tennis injuries thread sometime.

#2,049 ·
I had something happen to my upper right back / right underneath my right shoulder. Serve motion was the same with no pain but as soon as I went to reach for the ball, it was tons of pressure and felt like someone was stabbing me right under my right shoulder area.

I have a match this Saturday and I haven't played in over a month or so. I played for around 1.5 hours last night doing basic drills but it was nothing like a match :lol:

#2,053 ·
Thanks everyone,

^ I took the day off tennis, though I probably wouldn't have played anyway, and tried to relax and sit straight. Used Nurofen, which is like Ketoprofen gel, and had some ibuprofen. So unintentionally followed your advice, thanks!

It's better, the strain is only the right side of my middle back, hopefully it completely or nearly goes by Saturday, as I could have 3 matches then.

#2,057 ·
^^^ :cheer:

#2,058 ·
I'm going to try and not type novels and bore everyone to death this season, but I have to for this first match, it was kind of crazy :lol: The rest will be much shorter.

Won my first match of the new season 26 75 75.

Positives: Saved 2 match points! Good to get a win in a higher level division (this is 3.5, when I spent last 2 season in 3.0). It was cloudy and sunny mixed, so not deathly hot the whole time :lol: The guy I played had no weapons at all, except good movement.

Negatives: I get too angry at stuff. I need to just focus and realize it's for fun, and I spent 2.5 hours playing tennis. That's a good thing, no matter the out come of the match.

Set 1: Went up 2-0*, then lost 6 in a row to go down 2-6 :spit: Mix of my errors, with his lob/moonball shots and his speed were the death of me. So many missed routine balls. He targeted my BH to his credit, but I wasn't applying any pressure. His game was awful to play against. He didn't even topspin moonball his shots. Just wrist flick shots that had an average net clearance of like 20 feet :hysteric:

Set 2: Went up 2-0* again, before I found myself down 2-4*. Broke back for *3-4, but then he broke again and was up 62 53 40-15. We had a long rally on one of the MPs (can't remember which though). Like 20+ shots, then I hit an inside out BH winner, that caught the outside of the line :spit: :spit: :spit: Probably the most clutch shot I've ever hit in my life. After I saved those and broke back, I got to 5-5 and by then he was missing like crazy, and I finished the set 7-5.

Reactions: DokDi
#2,059 ·
Set 3: I thought I started off with a break for *1-0. As a matter of fact, I know I did. I was up 15-30 on his serve, he got to 40-30, then he DF'ed twice, and then I hit a nice CC FH winner to win the game (I know I remember because I hit like 7 winners the entire match lol) but as I started walking to change courts he said "No, it's deuce." I said "But, you were up 40-30, then DF'ed twi-" then he interrupted and said "NO, it's DEUCE". I didn't want to argue with the guy, I'm not very assertive anyway, and it was only the first game, so I let it slide.

Naturally he wins the game and breaks me for 0-2* :facepalm: But I get it back to 2-2 before he goes to 2-4*. I get an easy break and fight like crazy savings BPs to get to 4-4. I fight like crazy AGAIN to get the break *5-4. Go up 40-30, and HIT MY FIRST AND ONLY DOUBLE FAULT OF THE MATCH :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I was so mad at myself. Then I tense up, and he started going for his shots more, and breaks for 5-5. He thought it was a tiebreak, and I had to tell him no it wasn't a tiebreak yet :facepalm: Luckily for me he DFs down 15-40 on his serve and then I serve for it again. I get 2 return errors from him (he probably only missed maybe 5-7 returns the entire match), and routine UE after a short rally to get 40-0, 3 MPs. I serve, he returns middle of the court, I hit a BH drop shot (one of the WORST shots in my arsenal, and it happens to be pretty good, and he gets to it on his FH side, tries to flick it cross court, but it hits the net, all while I was standing in no-man's land :tape:)

One of the hardest matches I played due to his speed, and his lob/moonball game. He hit his FH less moonball-esque but every other part of his game was rough. Every ball was shoulder height at it's lowest point basically. I had to moonball my BH 9/10 shots, then throw in a powder puff DTL to throw him off guard. I went home and promptly collapsed on the couch after the match.

#2,061 ·
Got bagelled yesterday when using my new racket for the first time. Probably a mixture of nerves and a sore ankle contributed to it. I double faulted a lot and dumped a lot of shots to the net. Plus being fat doesn't help movement wise and the guy moved me about the court well. He is part of the lessons I attend and he is older than me and probably more experienced than me.

In the second set I had break points on his first service game but could not take them. However i served better in the next service game and held to 15, so avoided a double bagel. The then holds to 40 but then we have to stop our match.

#2,062 ·
I'll be entering the Nepean and Parramatta AMT 18/u events in December and I was wondering if there are any strange/stupid rules in the TA rule book? Also, how long do we get between sets and do we get a break every 2 games?

Also, are any of you going to these 2 AMTs? (AMT and 18/u)

#2,064 ·
It happened :hysteric:

60 06 60 :hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:

22 DFs 18 Aces :hysteric:

This was some of the most uo and down tennis i have ever played. My opponent would hit Topspin moonball, and then a flat forehand down the line winner, and then i would play a Wozniacki Forehand moonball and a massive CC backhand. My movement going forward remained shiteous throughout the match, but running side to side was peak woz :bowdown:

In the end i had a good giggle :hysteric:

#2,066 ·
Home from a tournament in Gloucester, was great fun.

Had an unlucky draw, lost to the number 1 seed in the 2nd round, but was happy to give him a a bit of a match.

The courts were unlike no other, they were 'clay' but more like a old gravelly carpark :lol:

#2,069 ·
Agreed, Bendigo has great courts and Frankston is...infamous to say the least. Bendigo is right on christmas and a tourney would be good then, not to mention I haven't play on plexi in a while, but I wouldn't get very far then, maybe go for Frankston, as I've just played on red clay in the last 6 monthes tbh

#2,083 ·
So today my comp season started again. Very nice weather today, but I quickly found out how unfit I am when playing in the sun :tape:

So doubles we won 64, which was quiet surprising since I probably hadn't won a doubles match in months :tape:

Singles I lost 46 57 :( fought hard though, was down 2-5 in the 1st but lost 4-6 and down 3-5 in the second to come back to 5-5 but lost 5-7 :( Ended with a DF :( prbably had more than 10 DFs. Too much of a ballbasher today, hit many winners (probably more than opponent) but the UEs probably doubled them

#2,085 ·
Just won match against friend on clay. 6-0, 6-2, 6-3 and 6-4. Played really solid whole match. Serving well in almost all games but one in which I made 3 DFs in a row. I think it was only time in whole match I was broken though.

#2,098 ·
Ugh, I lost 7-5 after being up 5-2*, and having mps at *5-3:sobbing: Came from 0-40 at 5-3 though, so was lucky to the mps anyway. Serve was really good today, just one outright ace but doubles figure service winners:banana: He raised his game a lot from 2-5, and I heard afterwards he was a top runner, so I realised I wasn't completely bad when I couldn't put my shots away:lol: I just moonballed at 5-6* 15-40, saved 4 mps, but lost on the 5th without getting a bp:banghead::eek:

Was fun tho:oh:

Oh, and won dubs 7-6(4) from *1-4 0-15:cheer: Thought we were stuffed, but we changed our shot angles, and serves and really exposed them:) Wasted a mp at *6-5 though, I double faulted:oh: Then we won 3 point from 3-3 in the TB, where no one held for the first six points:lol: Closed it on the 2nd:rocker2:

#2,099 ·
I was the low score at the charity mixer I played in today.

#2,103 ·
I just lost 0-6 0-6 in QR1 of my tournament:rolls::hysteric:#peasant

Serve was solid, 2 aces, 3 doubles, but bloody hell, my ground strokes:sobbing::lol: My BH was blasting past the baseline, FH was loopy and had to little depth, he just creamed the short balls:( Dunno why I was so bad, I was fine in practice this morning.

Qualifying conso tomorrow, have a chance to restore a shred of dignity:cheer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.