Tennis Forum banner

Misa's Summer US Trip: 50k Lexington

3K views 28 replies 5 participants last post by  Sasja 
#1 · (Edited)
Misa is in LA to play the 50k event in Carson and she is back in singles after her last performance in Rosmalen.

Singles draw:
(1)Olivia Rogowska (AUS) v Allie Will (USA)
Laura Pigossi (BRA) v Sanaz Marand (USA)
Michaella Krajicek (NED) v Storm Sanders (AUS)
(8)Risa Ozaki (JPN) v Marina Shamayko (RUS)

Actually not a bad draw, this is a tough tournament so no opponent is gonna be easy. Sanders is slumping a bit at the moment though.

In doubles Misa has teamed up with Olivia Rogowska and they are seeded #1:

Doubles draw:
(1)Krajicek/Rogowska (NED/AUS) v Boserup/Brengle (USA/USA)
Sanchez/Scandalis (USA/USA) v Cako/Lao (USA/USA)
(4)Chirico/Oudin (USA/USA) v Gibbs/Loeb (USA/USA)
(wc)Ahn/Brady (USA/USA) v Gonzalez/Pigossi (PAR/BRA)

Misa is playing her Doubles R1 today and her Singles R1 tomorrow. There is a stream available for the Stadium at: http://www.usta.com/Pro-Tennis/Pro-Circuit/2014_pro_circuit_womens_live_streaming/

Her doubles match today will be on Stadium :) Because of the time difference it will be hard to watch though, they are on 3rd after 10 am I think and there is a 9 hour time difference so it will be on between 23:00 and 0:00 this evening.

See less See more
#2 ·
I thought she wasn't going to play doubles, because she wanted to focus on singles.
Anyway, don't really know Sanders but every opponent is going to be tough for Misa since she hasn't really got any match rhythm in singles.

Kom op Misa :yeah:

#3 · (Edited)
Re: Misa's Summer US Trip: 50k Carson

She and Olivia make up a nice team :) they had to grind, but beat Boserup/Brengle 75 06 (10-7). They were down 3-5 0-30 in the first set as well.

Playing today at 19:00 CET first on Court 5 against Sanders, no stream unfortunately :( They put all Americans on CC :eek:

#5 ·

:)

11 aces :drool:

Against the nr 8 seed Ozaki (WTA 188) in R2. GL Misa :cheer:

#6 ·

Lost 16 57, don't know what happened there. Couldn't pack a punch at all with her serve today. I heard her scream from the CC stream on the adjacent court a few times at the end of the final set so obviously frustrated with herself.

#9 ·

Shame about singles this week in Carson :sad: :hug:

But ends up winning another doubles title :yeah:

#10 ·
Misa playing on her next stop in America, Lexington, Kentucky :)

She has drawn a qualifier in R1, with a possible R2 against (6)Mestach or Murray.

In Doubles she is once again seeded #1 and playing with Maria Sanchez. (Rogowska withdrew from this tournament, I guess that's why)

She has also moved into MD for 100k Vancouver next week :) I hope she will play that one, good opportunity to play a 100k MD with her ranking.

#13 ·
Q are placed, but I can't find Misa in MD :unsure:
LL Webley-Smith replaced her and plays against Q Maria Sanchez :scared:

#14 ·
Oh god, no.

Also replaced in doubles by alternates :facepalm:

Why does she always withdraw from everything :help:

Maybe she didn't want to rush after the doubles title to Kentucky and then back to Vancouver? Although I dont know whether I can trust her on playing that either regarding her reputation.

#16 ·
Thanks Borisz :yeah:

OMG was scared when I didn't see her name in the draw last night.

But at least not another injury where she is not able to play for months. Poor Misa :hug: Take it easy and hopefully she feels better soon!

#20 ·
Recovered from the accident last week.
This week in Vancouver. Plays Pavlovic in the 1st round. Time for revenge :oh:
Doubles w/ Broady. They play Boserup/Hsu

#22 ·
According to preliminary entry list which needs yet to be confirmed by spiceboy, Misa is 3rd IN(!) for USO Q! :hearts: Kerkhove is 2nd IN, last in is Arina Rodionova :)

Good luck against Pavlovic, will be a tough match. Pavlovic's first match since retiring in Middelburg though.

#23 ·
Awesome that she made it, and so many Dutchies :eek: and Bibi will probably make it aswell

Misa is playing on CC at 19.00 CET

#24 ·
Lost to Pavlovic 2-6 6-2 6-4 :sobbing:

Playing doubles with Naomi Broady, they are the nr 2 seeds.

#25 ·
Anyone saw the match and how did she play? There was a livestream apparently.

Misa should go back playing lower ITF's (25K) to get some rhythm and confidence again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.