Tennis Forum banner

YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

73K views 1K replies 93 participants last post by  Abuttons 
#1 ·
I have no idea how she'll do here. Here's hoping for an easy group.

#552 ·
This win could get her into the SF's, so it's even more important.
The surface being slower can only work in Maria's favor if you ask me.

I hope she's out for blood.

#564 ·
She better beat Hagatha today cause she ain't beating Flopsur :tape:

But seriously, she better bring it vs Hagatha, I want revenge Doha(2008) style :cheer:
Can you stop with these over the top unnecessary negative comments, PLEASE. I actually can't put it into words how much they annoy me :lol:. What even are they? :hysteric: Are you trying to do some siilly anti jinx thing or something? It would be greatly appreciated if you could keep them to yourself :D

#562 ·
^ In a way I am too, but it will be different this time coming in as the underdog. Stosur has won 2 of their last 3 matches in straight sets and the one she lost, she had a MP after being a set up. It's going to be very difficult, but if Maria plays her best, Stosur wont have a chance. Hopefully, she will be motivated enough to get revenge, but still, it's going to be really difficult.

As for Aga, I hope Maria brings the bitchy attitude, fistpumps, come ons and of coure some FH and service winners :hearts:

#568 ·
look masha h2h vs aga and sammy is massively in her favour. heck even shoulderpova 09 beat aga in a shitfest, and in Tokyo she really ran out of steam and still made the match competitive. Masha's height will always be a major trouble for sams serve so i'm expecting breaks, and a lot of them.

i just hope and pray she beats aga today, don't care what the scores like. cos even if sam goes 2-0 by right of beating errani and masha, masha can still have a chance to reach the SF should she beat aga. Everything rests on this match and it's so crazy to think of Aga as a threat to masha :sobbing: but tbh even though that Miami final hurt she only folded twice at the tail end of either set so it wasn't like she was getting ruined by aga's game

like she said in her on-court interview yday
I WANT REVENGE

#571 ·
I thought she already secured #2 by her win yesterday. :scratch:
To be honest I'm not really worried about her ranking at the end of the year, Maria and Vika have a lot to defend in the early parts of net year and Serena has nothing so I definitely expect their rankings to fluctuate.

#575 ·
I just read that Stosur plays Errani tomorrow. So Maria has tomorrow off and plays Stosur on Friday. That means Azarenka-Serena is tomorrow, I thought for sure they would make that the last match of the round robin. Oh well, I'm off tomorrow and I'm looking forward to watching Rena-Vika, should be a good one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.