Tennis Forum banner

2015 WTA season Winners and Runners-Up trophies thread

34K views 72 replies 26 participants last post by  Half Volley 
#1 · (Edited)
With the new season starting on Monday, I thought it would be time to make this thread once again. I will include both the winner and runner-up of each tournament this year after seeing how much of a hit that was with seventynine's thread last year. Moderators or admins can do what they have to to make sure this thread is shown on Page 1 of GM as it gets updated.

January
Hopman Cup(exhibition) Poland(Agnieszka Radwanska/Jerzy Janowicz)

Shenzhen Open(Shenzhen) Singles: (1) Simona Halep def. (8) Timea Bacsinszky 6-2 6-2

Doubles: Lyudmyla Kichenok/Nadiia Kichenok def. Chen Liang/Yafan Wang 6-4 7-6 (8-6)

ASB Classic(Auckland) Singles: (3) Venus Williams def. (1) Caroline Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 6-3

Doubles: (1) Sara Errani/Roberta Vinci def. (4) Shuko Aoyama/Renata Voracova 6-2 6-1

Brisbane International(Brisbane) Singles: (1) Maria Sharapova def. (2) Ana Ivanovic 6-7 (2-7) 6-3 6-3

Doubles: Martina Hingis/Sabine Lisicki def. (4) Caroline Garcia/Katarina Srebotnik 6-2 7-5

Apia International(Sydney)
Singles: (2) Petra Kvitova def. Karolina Pliskova 7-6 (7-5) 7-6 (8-6)

Doubles: Sania Mirza/Bethanie Mattek-Sands def. (1) Raquel Kops-Jones/Abigail Spears 6-3 6-3

Moorilla Hobart International(Hobart)
Singles: Heather Watson def. (Q) Madison Brengle 6-3 6-4

Doubles: Kiki Bertens/Johanna Larsson def. Vitalia Diatchenko/Monica Niculescu 7-5 6-3

Australian Open(Melbourne)
Singles: (1) Serena Williams def. (2) Maria Sharapova 6-3 7-6 (7-5)

Doubles: Bethanie Mattek-Sands/Lucie Safarova def. (14) Yung-jan Chan/Jie Zheng 6-4 7-6 (7-5)

Mixed Doubles: (7) Martina Hingis/Leander Paes def. (3) Kristina Mladenovic/Daniel Nestor 6-3 6-4

See less See more
Reactions: Mustafina
#43 ·
Updated to reflect Kuala Lumpur and Monterrey singles.

#47 ·
Updated to include Katowice.

#48 · (Edited)
Updated to include Prague and Stuttgart.

#49 ·
Updated to include Madrid(I hate that Getty stamp on the doubles picture).

#55 ·
I have a lot going on and I am now running a PAW tournament, so yeah, that's to be expected :lol:

#59 ·
Of course I am. It's a matter of finding the pictures. Plus, I only like to put in the doubles if both teams are in it or if I can a picture of both the winners and runner ups.

#58 ·
Thank you. Much needed.

#68 ·

Japan Open. Wickmayer beats Linnete 4-6 6-3 6-3

#73 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.