Tennis Forum banner

Which one is more embarrassing?

Maria vs Serena or Vika vs Serena | Which Head-to-head?

32K views 427 replies 138 participants last post by  swim4life107 
#1 ·
... is more embarrassing?

I love Maria, so I'm biased. At least she beat Serena two times. :oh:

#9 ·
Agree with the last part, although it's a tad bad for maria to eat like 5 to 6 breadsticks in every beatdown :lol:

I am going to be biased, but i prefer the intensity in maria-serena matches (bar the beatdowns) like the 05 AO, 08 Charleston first two sets and 10 Wimbledon.

Even when maria was getting trashed in the A0 07 Final, u can still sense the intensity as serena was in zone that night

so vika-serena :p

#10 ·
Maria, only because of the hype generated by those 2 wins.

I don't think many would have expected this after the Wimbly Final.

#12 ·
Pova's two wins were bullshit. She was young and too naive to be nervous, so she swung for the fences and hit every line in that Wmbledon final. Serena was surprised and choked. The YEC win has a huge asterisk because of Serena's injury.

Since then, Serena has been teaching Pova to know her true place among the peasantry. The 6 breadsticks have drummed their way into Pova's head.

#13 ·
Definitely Vika's! If Serena wasn't hobbled in the Miami final it would be 0-8. Maria will always have Wimbledon even if the YEC win is asterisked.

#14 ·
Vika vs Serena. She's played 5% and 3% Serena on multiple occasions and still only managed one win. :haha:

#17 ·
If Serena new that Vika was going to become №1 their H2h would have been 8 -0 and 16-0 in sets .... Serena just didn't care about this girl till 2011-2012

#18 ·
They are different. One could argue that Vika is on a growth trajectory, so her past matches are different from matches today and in the future. Maria is a big name for a while, but Serena is in her head so unless she deals with her demons she can continue to be embarrassed (or not).

#28 ·
both or none. Can't really decide. 5 of Vika's loses to Serena has been in Grand Slams, playing against Serena in a Grand Slam is always very difficult. So 2 loses outside of Grand Slams.

Maria has 5 loses outside of Grand Slams, but that Wimbledon win outweights a lot.

What I find more interesting is that Masha and Serena has only played each other 10 times, and Vika and Serena already 8 times, but Masha's been on tour many years before Vika (well being relavant).

Anyway, my vote goes to Vika. Get it together girl.

#33 · (Edited)
I don't find that h2h embarrassing at all. Serena is a 13 major winner that's really impressive beside like someone pointed out Serena lead 3-1 at majors (should've been 2-2 but it's ok now :lol:)
I could easily say that Serena should be ashamed to have such a tight h2h against Stosur and Jankovic (1 major for the two) while Maria lead 17-2 or sth.

#34 ·
Now what fun is there in beating the weaklings?! You gotta be the big ladies...the ones that define your legacy. Serena beating Jankovic and Stosur..nice. Serena owning the likes of Sharapova and Davenport?! Now THAT's something to talk about.

#36 ·
On paper both look pretty embarrassing. 2 of their 3 wins came when Serena could barely move as well :eek:

When you think about it though, it's not THAT bad. Serena is just by far the more talented player :shrug:

Having said that, now is the perfect opportunity for both to try and get some wins. If they can't beat a 30+ Serena when they're in their prime age it doesn't look good.

#42 ·
On paper both look pretty embarrassing. 2 of their 3 wins came when Serena could barely move as well :eek:

When you think about it though, it's not THAT bad. Serena is just by far the more talented player :shrug:

Having said that, now is the perfect opportunity for both to try and get some wins. If they can't beat a 30+ Serena when they're in their prime age it doesn't look good.
You're right about that and i think Vika will get a win or 2 from here against her. Maria seems to have given up on this H2H.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.