Tennis Forum banner

Favourite Umpire?

137K views 629 replies 333 participants last post by  344681 
#1 ·
Mine is probably Lynn Welsh, does she still umpire? :)

#8 ·
Bitter about 04 AUS final much? :p;)

I love Sandra de Jenken. Other than that blip during the 04 Aus Open final, (and the slight one with Serena-Molik at Wimbledon 07), I think she does the best job at umpiring. She did the Mens Finals at the Australian and French open last year.:worship:

#12 · (Edited)
Most favorite: Lars Graff, Mariana Alves(only had one bad match in her entire career but other than that she is pretty good.), Carlos Ramos,

Least Favorite: Gerry Armstrong, Pascal Maria, Mariano Girlotti, Norm Chryst.

#18 ·
alison lang is the best

does anyone know the name of the one from portugal who made the worst over-rule in tennis history, when she called a serena williams backhand out even though it was well inside the line furthest away from the chair. it was against capriati in the 04 USO. shes is the WORST umpire ever!!!

This post has been deleted
#40 ·
You know traffic is kinda slow when the "favourite umpire" thread appears! :tape: :lol:

OK, I will play.

Carlo "The Voice" Nuoni
OMG, everytime he comes on the Eurosport commentators DROOL over his voice. IT is pretty hilarious... The guys are like 'I wish I had a voice like that, what a chick magnet!' amd you can hear the women (yes, even the lesbian ones) having an orgasm in the background).

Alves needs to jump off a cliff. She's umpired a couple of matches that i have seen live and she seems more arrogant than the players! Mug!

#30 ·
Alison Lang, but the best of the best is... Lynn Welch!!

#31 ·
Kader Nouni, Carlos Ramos, Alison Lang.
I could never vote for Mariana Alves. Her "impressive" misperformance in 2004 showed how important the introduction of the Hawk Eye system was. She had to get banned from the chair, if you ask me.

#35 ·
Kader Nouni, Carlos Ramos, Alison Lang.
I could never vote for Mariana Alves. Her "impressive" misperformance in 2004 showed how important the introduction of the Hawk Eye system was. She had to get banned from the chair, if you ask me.
Everybody makes mistakes :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.