re: Rally For Bally << DONATE HERE >> RIP Elena

Petra Kvitova

#32 ·

Reactions: Mike_T
#33 ·
#38 ·

I think as a player I'd be ashamed being aware of the amount of money that has been raised so far knowing how much money they make. We can all smile and say we support cancer research and sell items,....but in the end the money spent on that research is nothing compared to what they spent on paying the biggest sports people.

#39 · (Edited)

I think as a player I'd be ashamed being aware of the amount of money that has been raised so far knowing how much money they make. We can all smile and say we support cancer research and sell items,....but in the end the money spent on that research is nothing compared to what they spent on paying the biggest sports people.
You don't really know which players have donated they are under no obligation to tell the world if they did. For last year's 'Rally for Cancer' Andy Murray donated his prize money for winning Queens (£75,000) to the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity. It is also rumoured that he donated his prize money for winning Wimbledon - £1.6 million I think. He is one of players that we know did donate and since Bally was well liked among the players and her death was tragic i'm sure some players did donate to her Foundation.

#45 ·
#46 ·

#Rally4Bally event, Dan Maskell Tennis Centre, Loughborough University, 9th May, 2015.

#49 ·

Nick Kyrgios may not be in many people's good books these days but :hatoff: to him for donating £50 for each ace he serves for the rest of the year to the Elena Baltacha Foundation
That's awesome to hear :yeah:

Maybe Ivo and Big John can join Nick? :smile2: Imagine how much money they could all raise with their massive serves. :eek:

#50 ·
#51 ·

Reactions: DuaZeepa
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.