163 lbs (74 kg.)

See less See more
#2,019 ·
well if she get's by AMG she'll have easier opponents

#2,022 · (Edited)
:)
I think she can win this but it will be tough :(
If she gets by then I think that she will go very far :D
If she can get to the SF that would be a great achievement :)
She would be on track to defend her Estoril points that way :D
I don't see her beating Cibulkova though :(
Although if someone like Bertens beats Cibulkova first she has a chance for a Final or even Title :cheer: :D

#2,023 ·
Against Anabel. I remember their last match, 3rd set was a real battle, games were very long.

But it's still a tough quarter, in fact a tough top part of the draw. No easy matches in Marrakech.. and I thought this could have been an easier tournament:sobbing:

One match at the time.

#2,029 ·
Good for Kaia! She had a 2-hour match today, but Minella had even a longer match. Interesting to see how it goes, I think Kaia will win :)

And what's with the news about Kaia being currently helped by Anett's former coach Märten Tamla? :lol:

#2,033 ·
It seems the Estonian coaches are like a pool where they are selected :lol:
Seriously though, I think this is a good move :)
Thbere were doubts about Marten when he started with Anett and he has done a good job IMO so I am happy for him and Kaia :)
Wasn't she being coached by Alo?
And will she definitely stop with Marten at the end of June or will she maybe continue on?
It must be better for him to be able to coach someone who is higher up and he probably gets payed more regularly :oh:
How involved is Kaia's father BTW?

#2,034 ·
I was really hopeless when she got broken in the second set. But then she leveled her game up. I think she played really well in the third.Confidence is really creating big contrast in her game.:)

Her own words :

"I started well, I was leading 4:1 in the first set. Then she changed her game a bit and started to hit higher balls. I was a little confused for a moment. I tried to attack them but made many mistakes. My confidence disappeared.

The second set started very competitively. At one point in the second set, I do not know at the moment why it happened but I got the initiative. I felt better, I was more patient, hit some higher balls back and then she had to figure out what to do with them. In the deciding set I felt quite confident. I did not take many risks, I hit the ball back and attacked when I got the opportunity.

Märten Tamla will help me as tennis coach during this and couple of next tournaments. We'll see how the cooperation works out. He has been helping me at practice before, now we try, how it works out during tournaments. Märten come to court today as well and gave some good advice."

#2,036 · (Edited)
Disappointing loss:sad:

She can at least use her protected ranking. Maybe it's wise to play some ITFs if things doesn't start going better:shrug:
Winning a round at RG will already be good (in terms of rankingpoints).

EDIT: She seems to be disappointed herself:awww:
My game fell apart today. In the first set I played quite well. In the second set I tired to vary the rythm more but my shots were too short. She attacked them and got initiative. I lost my rhythm, made mistakes and lost my confidence. Everything was vary higgledy-piggledy today. Tomorrow I will travel to Estoril where new tournament will start on Monday

I read some of the comments on her FB, can't believing those people losing bets:tape:

#2,038 ·
Kaia's quarter in Oeiras:

Cirstea vs Medina Garrigues
Kanepi vs Mladenovic
Robson vs Morita
U.Radwanska vs Cibulkova

Hope they put her match in a televised court, since she's the defending champion :oh: Meanwhile.. a really tough ask for her to defend the title.But we'll see :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.