Tennis Forum banner

Worst shots in your repertoire?

18K views 103 replies 68 participants last post by  Pierre. 
#1 ·
My serve can be shakey but that's down the list honestly. I'm a left-hander with 2HBH, and my worst shots are probably, in order:

1. Backhand volley (single-handed)
2. Backhand DTL
3. Forehand DTL
4. Forehand volley

I think there's hope for #3. I can hit them, just not that well from a neutral position. I certainly can't blast it like I can my up the middle or crosscourt shots. I think in time I'll be able to hit this pretty well though.

#33 ·
I literally have all of the touch shots, just none of the power ones. Hence why my serves, forehand, and volleys aren't the best (all consistent and I can execute very tough slices and drop shots with volleys and the forehand, just not much power)

#36 ·
I forgot to add I'm bad when stretched out wide on the backhand side (I don't have the best reach on that side) so in that instance I hit a right-handed forehand instead of a backhand (like Sharapova except reverse :oh:). Surprisingly an OK shot I think :lol:.

#40 ·
Yeah, I haven't been playing that long still...I'm in development :p.

#42 ·
I think it's changed. Now it's just my shot selection is awful. I was standing at the net during a doubles match and a FH volley came right to me, slightly above eye level, and I smashed it down as hard as I could. Into the net. At my feet.

#57 ·
I need to improve serve for sure
This. Even though I don't have problems with double faults, my serve is so weak. I don't know how fast it is, but I would say max 70/80 km/h. :lol:

I never hit a smash becouse I don't know how to hit it good. The ball is just to slow if I try. I don't use volleys eather, but sometimes I execute a drop shot (not always intentionally :lol: :help:)

Definition of baseliner is perfect for me. :angel:

#47 ·
Anyone saying the serve, you can practise it even by yourself. You don't even need to be on a tennis court to practise your toss and the toss is the key to a good serve. I used to have a bad serve but now I can get it in almost all the time, it won't be a big serve but it's in.

Volleys, you can't practise. Also, if you're a strong baseliner, there's little incentive to practise volleys. I like hitting swing volleys though.

My slice is actually not too bad but in a game situation again, my first instinct isn't to slice the ball back.

#48 · (Edited)
Forehand down the line :eek:
I hit with some top spin, and it's harder to hit it down the line with top spin

Oh yeah, and my smash is horrendous, it's ridiculous.. I guess it's because I mess up with grips. The grip should be like when you're serving, right? Instead, I choose a western grip like on my FH, and the ball flies to the right side to the fence :hysteric:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.