Tennis Forum banner

Articles and news about the Goddess

30K views 611 replies 9 participants last post by  hellas719 
#1 · (Edited)
Any recent news about Eleni? How the recovery is going? I miss her :sad:

#2 ·
Re: Any news about the Goddess?

It must be going well, considering the fact that she is scheduled to play singles and doubles(with Anna Gerasimou) in the Olympics. The real question is...Will she actually play? She has not entered a warm-up tournament for the Olympics.

#4 ·

Bероника;13596163 said:
yes,I saw that.But that does not mean she is playing,she could withdraw last minute if she's not ready to play,right?
True. If it wasn't the Olympics, I doubt her name would be on that list.

#5 ·

Also, in September, there will be a 100k in Athens, Greece, and the purpose of this tournament is to showcase Eleni. It will be held from the 8th until the 14th at the Athens Lawn Tennis Club(The 4th largest outdoor tennis stadium in Greece) on clay.

#7 ·

She has to defend a lot of points for the rest of the year :eek:

2007-09-24 Beijing 35
2007-10-01 Seoul 50
2007-10-15 Moscow 1
2007-10-22 Zürich 20
2007-10-29 Linz 35

#8 ·

She has to defend a lot of points for the rest of the year :eek:

2007-09-24 Beijing 35
2007-10-01 Seoul 50
2007-10-15 Moscow 1
2007-10-22 Zürich 20
2007-10-29 Linz 35
Defending that SF in Seoul is really gonna be hard. Everything else could be easy for her to defend.

#10 ·

No. I am trying to find out. Hopefully her year will not end without her playing again. If that happens, she may not even make the qualies in Melbourne. Lately, I have been looking hard to see her on lists, but I can't seem to find any with her name on it.

#12 ·

Ortisei is over, now Eleni is scheduled to play Poitiers, Bratislava, and Krakow. There are no more lists availible at this time. Maybe forever_rafter will go to see her play in Krakow, and get pics and videos.

#13 ·

She wrote on her webs18/10/2008
Hi guys!
I just came back from Ortisei/ Italy and i'll drive to Poitiers / France tomorrow. I'm happy to be able and play some matches in the end of this year. I just want to go out there and give my best...I know i'm not perfectly in shape yet with my knee and my confidence because it all needs time, but i'll take my time and not give up.
I can see my potential in practice already more than in the matches...i feel really great on court and i'm hitting the ball well...it's getting better and better...
It's tough because I lost a couple of matches in a row and I sometimes fight against negative thoughts, but I know I just have to hang in, stay postive and the day will come that I get what I deserve.
My target is to make a good preparation for 2009 and then to start with all my power again in the new season. I plan to play 3 more 100.000$ tournaments this year in France, Slovakia and Poland...then i'll take a few days off and after that i'll start my preparation.
I'll stay in touch with you!! take care!
Your Eleni

#14 ·
#15 ·
#17 ·

basically is what she said in her website!(the article in tennis news i mean)
Yes. it says that she is happy to play some more tournaments before the end of the year, and it talks about her upcoming tournaments in Slovakia and Poland. She talks about how she will not quit, and next year will be a great year for her. She sees improvement in her game in practice(maybe she will use it against Flipkens tomorrow).

#18 ·

on monday, the entry lists for aucklandwta and brisbane wta will be out. i am expecting to see the goddess on the auckland list, as she will probably get a wc if her rank is not high enough to get a md direct entry there. if she asks for a wc, she will definetely get it, since she won 2 singles titles there.

#19 ·

on monday, the entry lists for aucklandwta and brisbane wta will be out. i am expecting to see the goddess on the auckland list, as she will probably get a wc if her rank is not high enough to get a md direct entry there. if she asks for a wc, she will definetely get it, since she won 2 singles titles there.
Fingers crossed then :)

#23 ·

yeah. i love it 2.

#25 ·
#29 ·

they dont even care about anna gerasimou. once she cracks top100, they are going to go crazy for her. i guarantee you that.

#30 ·
#32 ·

Or maybe she isn't going to Australia this year. It is a very expensive and hard trip. And maybe she first wants to find some confidence....
She is going to go to Auckland, so while shes down there, she might as well go to Australia. She'll probably go to AO qualies.

#35 ·

I really hope that she dominates those challengers. She needs those challengers to boost her rank. And I doubt every WTA tourney will give her a WC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.