Tennis Forum banner

Laura Siegemund

352K views 3K replies 125 participants last post by  Michael! 
#1 ·
This week Laura reached the Semifinal in Jounieh (LEB) $25.000 with some impressive wins, so I think she needs a thread :p.

1R: Laura Siegemund GER def. Stamatia Fafaliou GRE [Q] 60 60
2R: Laura Siegemund GER def. Lenka Tvaroskova SVK [7] 64 64
QF: Laura Siegemund GER def. Yulia Beygelzimer UKR [2] 64 46 64

:hearts: :bounce: good luck in SF. :)

#2,426 ·
#2,427 ·
Fed Cup draw

#2,428 ·
Fed Cup practice

#2,429 ·
Fed Cup practice

#2,430 ·
Fed Cup Germany vs Ukraine

#2,431 ·

#2,432 ·

#2,433 ·
Germany won 3-2 vs Ukraine ! :bounce:

Görges won both her 2 singles rubbers and Kerber one singles rubber :)

Laura/Carina played the doubles and lost in 3 sets. But it was nice to watch them :drool:

There was a funny moment in doubles as Kerber coached Laura/Carina :hearts: :lol:
(Rittner was away shortly, on toilet break I think, so Kerber replaced her as captain)

#2,434 ·

:hearts:

#2,435 ·

#2,436 ·

#2,438 ·
1st round: Siegemund def. Zhang 62 76(4) :yeah:

Good start for Laura!
Laura looked pretty tight today in general, she surely felt the pressure today as Zhang was a really good draw here, good that she was able to take advantage of it, less pressure for sure against Kuznetsova now!

1st set was good quality, many close games but Laura won the important points, too passive in general but Zhang was not really able to take advantage of it as she was not consistent enough herself at all, dropshot got totally useless in 2nd set and Laura was down 2-4 and 3-5 but got finally a bit more aggressive then while Zhang couldn´t really improve herself, some good points where she was able to put Laura under pressure but also lots of UEs!

Laura will have to play more aggressive against Sveta, if she wants to have a chance but 2nd round was the goal here and that´s what she achieved, she can only surprise from now on anyway ;)

#2,439 ·
Well done, Laura ! :banana:

Very happy she won this. Sweet revenge :toothy:

Not in the AMAZING form from last year, but her game is so smart and entertaining :hearts:

Hopefully she serves better, reduces her UEs, plays deep and more aggressive in R2

Laura has nothing to lose in Stuttgart R2 vs Kuznetsova ! Come on :armed:

#2,440 ·
Practice at Stuttgart

#2,441 ·
Stuttgart

R1 vs Zhang - Highlights

Interview after the match

#2,442 ·
Stuttgart

R1 vs Zhang

Set 1

#2,443 ·
Set 2

#2,444 ·
#2,445 ·
Siegemund def. Kuznetsova 64 63

Great win for Laura!
Nervous start again but she was really aggressive today and that made the difference, Svetlana herself was way too passive today and did not have much power in her shots or serve and Laura was able to play her game, great variations and deserved win in the end! :)

Good that she was already able to defend some of her points from last year, less pressure now and not that much to defend anymore until July, except for 3rd round Madrid.

Pliskova or Vandeweghe next, it will be tough for Laura to get into the rallies there but that´s her only chance, I guess we will see the dropshot quite often agian, she has to make them move and be aggressive herself, good luck!!

#2,447 ·
Laura into Premier Stuttgart QF ! :bounce: :banana: :worship:

A strong performance. So many winners ! I love Laura's attacking style ! :hearts:

She is a joy to watch. Very talented, smart. Such beautiful risky entertaining tennis :drool:

Laura loves clay and it's her best surface. She plays wonderful tennis in Stuttgart

She 100 % deserved her main draw Wild Card. I hope she reaches the final again

Reactions: Lumpa Lumpa