Tennis Forum banner

The Elena Vesnina News, blogs and interviews thread

16K views 144 replies 19 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
Hello Vesnina fans,

this is the Elena Vesnina news, blogs and interviews thread where we can post all of the articles, her and Chesnokov's blogs and interviews :D

See less See more
#104 ·
#105 ·
#106 ·
#107 ·
#108 ·
#109 ·
#110 ·
#111 ·
#112 ·
Reactions: Rix643
#113 ·
#114 ·
#115 ·
#116 ·
#117 ·
Re: News, blogs and interviews thread

I prefer Russian to English translations by ImTranslator.com:

And once again hello!

Would like to thank, first of all, everyone who looks tennis and supports ours! Thank you all for kind words and support:)
I in Moscow, have arrived from Paris yesterday late at night. You, probably, ask – that I so long did in capital of France?! No, I did not suit to myself a vacation, and simply waited the English visa which to me 3 weeks did not give out. Actually, very much many our tennis players submit documents to England in Paris. Especially if you come one week prior to tournament very conveniently it turns out – while you play, the passport especially is not necessary:) But here tournament has ended, and my documents all are not present and not present. It was necessary to connect all forces, as a result has lost 4 days of precious rest of the house: (

But all the same Paris – fine city, and always it is pleasant to me to come back there, therefore I shall not complain:) I Shall tell only, that it is time already to something to solve with visas to sportsmen. Tennis players are engaged in gathering of all documents, their delivery and so on. Therefore any help from the government is simply necessary! I am distant not the first who has got in such situation. Thank God, all was resolved, and have returned passports.

« Ролан Garros » for me the special tournament, one of my the most favourite! An output in the ending in pair I consider as good result, the third year at a time in the ending of tournament of ' the Big Helmet ». Stability – a sign of skill:))) very much I hope, that it will be possible to win a decisive stage of tournament! We with Саней for the first time together played the ending of such large tournament, therefore, certainly, experienced and very much wished to win, but it is necessary to give due our competitors – чешки played with confidence during all tournament, have beaten out from a grid 2 and 3 сеяных, and at the given stage were hardly more strongly and more successfully us. But all the same it were good 2 weeks:)

Tomorrow already I take off for Eastbourne, after – Wimbledon.

Write.
Your Spring.

She's getting more and more irritating and cocky...... And that's not just me.

#118 ·

EVesnina001 Elena Vesnina
But anyway good tournament in Baku,great venue.Was trying to show my best tennis here,but start feeling even worst every day...
»
Elena Vesnina
EVesnina001 Elena Vesnina
Hi guys!Couldn't finish my match today,have viral illness,feel very sick:(Nothing u can do,health is more important.Tomor going back home...

#119 ·
Reactions: Pierre75
#120 ·
#124 ·
#125 ·

^Thanks for posting :)
I had no idea that Lena was partially Greek, no wonder I like her so much :lol:

#126 ·

SOCHI, Russia
- Elena Vesnina was born in Ukraine but moved to Sochi at a young age and still lives there. With the Winter Olympics about to get going in the beautiful coastal city, we thought it would be a good time to ask the mega-talented singles and doubles star to talk to us about Sochi - in particular...

The best restaurants.
"There are plenty of good restaurants in Sochi," Vesnina said. "Some of my favorite restaurants are Blue Sea, La Terrazza and Brigantine. There are some more nice restaurants above the river and by the seaside as well. They're really cozy with really good Shashlyk - like Shish kebab. It's delicious there. Kaukaz kitchen is very popular in Sochi. And the vegetables are also really good in Sochi because it's a really warm climate, so go for the salads and the soups. The Borscht is incredible, and Okroshka soup is really good too - in the summertime it's very nice to have this cold soup."

The best place to relax.
"Of course it's at home - in my house, with my dog!"

The weather.
"Usually it's very warm," she said. "It's very hot and humid in the summer, but right now it's more like 10 degrees, which is pretty warm for this time of year - usually it's lower. In the Red Valley, where the Olympics will be, it'll definitely be cooler. But it won't be -30 like in Moscow! It'll never be like that.
"It's a very nice climate in Sochi - it's a very soft climate."
The best thing to do on a day off.

"It depends on my mood! It can be shopping, or just relaxing on the beach. I love swimming in the sea. I love all of the fun things to do at the sea too - I'm a big fan of jet skiing. Or I can just spend time with my dog and my family at home, relax, cook some nice breakfast or lunch for them, then go out and spend some time with my friends and go to the cinema. So one of those things probably!"
Her favorite place in Sochi from when she was growing up.

"Definitely my first tennis club. It wasn't even a club actually - it's a park, Riviera Park, and there were three clay courts, so my parents bought me a racquet and took me there. It's a beautiful park with tall, beautiful trees where the courts are. There's a lot of other things to do there too - a roller coaster, games for the kids - when I was working hard on the courts they were all having fun around me, and I wanted to go and have fun too! But I really have so many great memories from that park."

Topics: news, elena vesnina, 2014

- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3652598#sthash.KwhrzdVT.dpuf

Reactions: Pierre75
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.