she's 16 and into her 1st WTA QF in her 1st WTA event @Tokyo Japan Open

beat Meghann Shaughnessy 75 76 in 1st :worship: :angel:
and today beat Akiko Morigami 63 76 :angel: :bounce:

now she plays Wimbledon champ, Maria Sharapova in QF
good luck Youlia ;)

Youlia was born in Novossibisk and stayed there until she was 8

go kiddo :kiss:

#311 ·
What's becoming of her? She was in Top 200 less than a year ago... She's played only a couple of ITF tournaments over the last months and keeps falling in the rankings. She's like #800 now... I thought she was so promising. :sad: :bigcry: :awww:

#313 ·
Oh, fair enough. I'm still wondering if she decided to switch to national tour to regain some confidence (regarding she hardly reached 2nd rounds in 10K & 25K last year) or if she definitely dropped it and will keep playing only on French circuit from now on. :( :help:

#315 ·
Yeah, I checked this, that's why I'm actually wondering why she doesn't go back to 10Ks as she's quite outplaying her opponents on these French tournaments. She's quite the same kind of results as Iryna Brémond, who is currently #135. :confused:

#316 ·
Why doesn't she play ITF tournaments any longer? I won't accept that. :hysteric: I don't understand why she never managed to make things. It seems like she's actually been regressing with the years. :confused: I can't help but wonder what the hell happened. :bigcry:

#319 ·
#320 ·
She just beat Kostova in the final of some French tournament last week... Srsly, I don't understand why she dropped international tournaments. Money shortage? Maybe back next year? Anyway, I know I should just get over it. :sad:

#322 ·
Youlia won her 2nd French tournament in a row. In final, she had to play Dodin but Dodin was injured and had to withdrew. Instead of Dodin, she played Grela and won 62 62 :yeah:

I guess she will be back next season ;)

#335 ·
I miss her too. I first saw Youlia at a tournament in Canada back in 2005 and immediately liked her. Shame she didn't stay on the tour longer than she did.

For old times' sake, here's a photo of Youlia I took at the 2007 Rogers Cup in Toronto. It was a QR1 match (which she lost :(). It was also the last time I ever saw her play live. :sad:

I can post a few more photos later if you (or anyone else) are interested. All my photos are from 2005-2007.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.