Tennis Forum banner

Romania's Finest, Raluca Olaru!

310K views 4K replies 157 participants last post by  tonyparkes606 
#1 · (Edited)
Raluca-Ioana Olaru (Romania) ~ 16 yrs old

Good luck Raluca in your RG final Sunday! :D :bounce:

Olaru earned her chance at the singles title with a 4-6, 6-0, 6-2 comeback win against Ayumi Morita of Japan and said she couldn’t be more excited to be so close to a debut singles junior grand slam title. “Oh, I’m extremely excited,” she said, with a broad grin. “I knew that I could do it before the tournament but of course I was a bit tense today in my match. This is new for me, it’s my first time and everyone is congratulating me, which is really nice. I think I have to try and not think about being in the final and be confident and tell myself that I deserve to win the title.”

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/ne...le.asp?id=13309

-------------------------------------

Raluca is a very good clay-courter.

She won Astrid Bowl Charleroi, Belgian International Junior Championships last week. Made the finals the week before that at the Trofeo Bonfiglio "Campionati Internazionali D'Italia". Then made the semis before that at the International Junior Tournament "Citta' Di Santa Croce". Then before that made the finals at the Gerdau Tennis Cup. Then before that made the QF's at the Banana Bowl and a QF at the Uruguay Bowl. Then before those, she made another final at the Coffee Bowl (Copa del Cafe). All of these are on clay in 2005. This girl seriously rules the clay and has put together a 36-7 record this year! :eek:

Plus she's had impressive wins over Alize Cornet two times, Timea Bascinszky, Olivia Lukaszewicz, Evgenia Rodina, Ayumia Morita two times, and Anna Tatishvili! :bigclap:

GO RALUCA!

See less See more
#3,488 ·
Ioana Raluca Olaru

Am fost (placut) surprinsa cand, dupa conferinta aceea de presa de saptamana aceasta, am primit o multime de mesaje de incurajare si sustinere de la voi!! Nu a fost deloc intentia mea sa plang, insa momentul a fost prea intens, iar subiectul sensibil. Nu am raspuns si nu am postat nimic mai devreme pentru ca am vrut sa ma concentrez pe turneul de dublu pana la sfarsit, dar am apreciat si apreciez foarte mult vorbele frumoase pe care mi le-ati spus si simplul fapt ca ati gasit timp sa imi scrieti ceva!
Sunteti minunati si multumesc inca o data pentru ca sunteti alaturi de mine.
Cu drag, Raluca

#3,490 ·
Plays Istanbul with Shahar... :cheer:

(1)Buryachok/Kudryavtseva v Glushko/Klemenschits
Minella/Voegele v Doi/Svitolina
(4)Husarova/Jans-Ignacik v (wc)Sezer/Soylu
Mayr-Achleitner/Smitkova v (wc)Jovanovski/Schiavone

Kichenok/Kichenok v Kalashnikova/Kania
Olaru/Peer v (3)Beygelzimer/Savchuk
Solovyeva/Tatishvili v Kozlova/Sasnovich
Buyukakcay/Ozgen v (2)Pliskova/Pliskova

#3,492 ·
Among the hotter from the tour. She is my first pick from Romanian army in this category.

#3,506 ·
Sadly they lost to what seems the most random team ever Watson/Panova...

Ioana Raluca Olaru
Inca o finala alaturi de Shahar, de data aceasta la Baku! La inceputul turneului am avut ceva probleme de sanatate, asa ca ma bucur cu atat mai mult de parcursul nostru aici! A fost o saptamana buna. Multumesc pentru toata sustinerea voastra si o duminica cat mai placuta va doresc! Cu drag, Ralu

An other final with Shahar, this time in Baku! At the begining of the tournament I was a bit sick, so I'm even more happy about our run here! It was a good week. Thank you all for your support and I wish you all a great Sunday! Ralu

#3,513 ·
Looks like she managed to find a partner for the US Open, she signed up with Voegele and they should make the draw given their combined ranking.
I wouldn't be too optimistic. Their combined Rk is 143. http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=754634 . Should try to find another partner IMO.

2013 USO Doubles : Cutoff 139 : Kleybanova/McHale

1st ALT : Dabrowski/Olaru (didn't get In) :(

Nice interview.THX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.