Tennis Forum banner

Caroline Garcia

363K views 5K replies 155 participants last post by  maloofhoof 
#1 ·
Caro is currently France's number 2 in the 1993 generation, far away from Kristina obviously. Still, her results are good enough to follow them on a thread. She is born in October, which could explain why her talent has been overshadowed by girls born earlier in the year.

She plays with a double-handed backhand and her best shot is definitely her serve. Her forehand has lots of firepower as well. She still has to work on her return and movement, I'd say.

She is 64th on the junior ranking (but won her first Grade 1 tournament beating Allgurin, Mestach and Cepede). On the pro tour, she is part of top 700 thanks to good showings in 25k. She's slightly overanked I think but she does have interesting wins over Riner, Dabija and Kondratieva.

Allez Caro :)

#709 ·
thanks for the report Corswandt, a little bit more "clear" to me now

I knew her backhand side is the weakest thing in her game but come on, there is wind but she had to adapt with the conditions. It is the same for both players. As for her poor footwork it is shameful cause she is supposed to have work on it a lot! (well that's what she said):rolleyes:

#710 ·
I'm sooooo waiting for Caroline ! Since i've seen her against Maria (Roland Garros) I really love her! But.. I don't understand why she doesn't win muchhh more ! I mean, she really the best hope of the young french women.. and she's not able to win matchs she should.
I was hoping Fed Cup help her to move on but finally I don't think.
I really hope Caroline will be better this year, et I want to see her at the top (as Murray said.. "one day she'll be number one" I HOPE SO MUCH)

NB : sorry for my bad english, i'm french.. :p

#711 ·
What is the next tournament for her? I know that she won't play in Cagnes-Sur-Mer

#713 ·
dont get her shedule at all:rolleyes:

she withdrew from cagnes sur mer (she made SF last year) and Saint Gaudens

dont think her ranking enable her to play Madrid qualies nor Rome. Except if she got a wc I dont see her play! she'll arrive at Roland Garros without many matchs and will crash in R1 like last year:weirdo::weirdo:

#717 ·
Cagnes sur Mer :)

#718 ·
Cagnes sur Mer
1r Caroline vs Qulifer

#719 ·
(wc)Caroline Garcia (FRA) d. (Q)Daniela Seguel (CHI) 63 36 61

#720 ·
Next Castano

#722 ·
Caroline def. Castano 6-1 1-6 6-3

#724 ·
Caro vs Maria one set all 3-6 7-5

#725 ·
(wc)Caroline Garcia (FRA) d. Tatjana Maria (GER) 36 75 62

#727 ·
Speaking of bye she got a w/o from Cabeza Candella in the semi so she'll have a day's rest to recover from those three setters.

She's playing lucky loser Zanevska in the final, who beat Oprandi 6-4 6-2 despite losing in straights in qualies to the player outside the top 500 that took a set from Caroline in round 1!

#728 ·
Allez Caro. She can win this tournament and you wil be in top 120;)

#729 ·
nice to see her in finale but with her talent I was expecting that from her honestly.

Now this is a finale, another tournament starts there. Every player wants to win the finale. Impressive seing Zanevska beat Oprandi in 2 so she must be confident before this finale.

I believe in Caro, she could win that tournament, she has the game to do it but will she do it? that's another story. She has to believe strongly in herself and get that f*** win

Allez Caro à la vie à la mort demain!