Tennis Forum banner

Caroline Garcia

363K views 5K replies 155 participants last post by  maloofhoof 
#1 ·
Caro is currently France's number 2 in the 1993 generation, far away from Kristina obviously. Still, her results are good enough to follow them on a thread. She is born in October, which could explain why her talent has been overshadowed by girls born earlier in the year.

She plays with a double-handed backhand and her best shot is definitely her serve. Her forehand has lots of firepower as well. She still has to work on her return and movement, I'd say.

She is 64th on the junior ranking (but won her first Grade 1 tournament beating Allgurin, Mestach and Cepede). On the pro tour, she is part of top 700 thanks to good showings in 25k. She's slightly overanked I think but she does have interesting wins over Riner, Dabija and Kondratieva.

Allez Caro :)

#684 ·
seems like she's playing Charleston qualies

well right now she's just playing and travelling like a journey woman, she's still with her father as a coach, that's total mistake imo cause she really needs someone to push her far beyond her limits and her dad is not qualified for that:rolleyes:

so she'll be another waisted french player:facepalm:

#693 ·
finally she gets 3 wins back t back:)

she had a game point in the 1st set to lead 5-2, then Scheepers broke back, tough battle in the 1st set but she prevailed in the tie break

she's so unpredictable, losing last week to Vickery and now being in 2nd round of Charleston beating a top100 player.

next will be the winner of jankovic/oudin

#695 ·
omg she had 2 match points to beat Jankovic!

what a match really:sobbing: Caroline was playing so so GREAT!so cruel she couldnt close it out cause Jankovic played even better in key points!

despite the loss that hurts, I saw many many good things there. She is very quick on the court, that was amazing to see she was winning tough baseline rallies against jankovic who was moaning all over the place:eek:

at 9-8 in the tie break she had her chance but it was sooo close. She must beat top100, top50 in regular basis now, no room for disgusting loss in 25000$.:( She is way better than that

well dont know if Amélie will pick her to join the team in fed cup, I would like cause she proved how good she can be. She must believe more in herself and she'll become great. Amélie can help her to it.

Next stop: Katowice qualies.

Good luck Caro.

#697 ·
She once again showed that she has game. However she plays crucial points poorly, when a bit of pressure is applied she tends to make unforced errors. She actually didn't play the matchpoints badly though. JJ was very good on those points, stayed completely focused.

One thing about her is that compared to others with similar rankings, she is much better at handling higher level, tough rallies, so she can challenge strong players. But beating lower level players is a separate skill from challenging top players.

We will see in the coming months what happens.

Maybe it's best for her if she enters qualies for bigger tournaments instead of playing itf tournaments.

#698 ·
She once again showed that she has game. However she plays crucial points poorly, when a bit of pressure is applied she tends to make unforced errors. She actually didn't play the matchpoints badly though. JJ was very good on those points, stayed completely focused.

One thing about her is that compared to others with similar rankings, she is much better at handling higher level, tough rallies, so she can challenge strong players. But beating lower level players is a separate skill from challenging top players.

We will see in the coming months what happens.

Maybe it's best for her if she enters qualies for bigger tournaments instead of playing itf tournaments.
I think the same Howard. She doesnt play the level of her actual ranking. I like the way she was yesterday, fist pumping and showing how she is motivated and ready to fight. She has to step up to another league for sure.

#699 · (Edited)
Caroline will be in the french national team to play Kazakhstan in Fed Cup!:)

great news for her cause it is Amélie Mauresmo who called her and believe in her potential. The best thing to happen for her is to play one match and win it. She could become "another" one.:angel:

but well great honor to be selectioned in the team:hearts:

#706 ·
she makes me turn :banghead:

rodionova noo way should win against her on clay. What happened I dont know! There was a long break between the 2nd et 3rd set, was she injured? Rodionova did it in purpose to break her rythme?

dont know but I'm fed up of all her shit, not being able to win matchs she should:mad:

#707 ·
There was a long break between the 2nd et 3rd set, was she injured? Rodionova did it in purpose to break her rythme?
Rodionova asked for the trainer, but IIRC that was in the 2nd set. Pause between 2nd and 3rd sets was a potty break, can't remember for whom.

#708 ·
By the way, thanks for your report Corswandt in your GM Portugal Open 2013 thread.

Day 1 - Q1R

Anastasia Rodionova d. Garcia 7-5, 2-6, 6-1

Whole match.

Same old for Garcia.

Garcia at her best is a scary good flat shotmaker from both sides with one of the best serves you're likely to see at this level. BH, FH, serve all excellent from a purely technical POV. However her court positioning is still very much a work in progress, as she never seems to know when to step in and have a go at the ball and when to rally from behind the baseline. When she was flattening out her shots, Rodionova just couldn't handle her pace. But once pressure sets in she starts adding more spin to her shots and lets herself get dragged into neutral rallies in which all her weaknesses are made apparent - her BH seemed quite consistent for a while, but then there were patches in which she would thrown away whole games with needless errors on apparently easy rally BHs. Her footwork remains very poor, her movement to her BH side atrocious and easily explotaible, her shot selection often retarded. Last three games or so she didn't bother to contest.
All reports suggest conditions were very windy and difficult.

Anastasia Rodionova ‏@arodionova
40km/h wind... What we played today wasn't tennis