Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaroslava Shvedova

362K views 5K replies 144 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
http://home17.inet.tele.dk/wta/sp/shve4495.htm

Yaroslava reached for the second week running the SF of a 25 K. Inside the top 400. Strangely Yaroslava played less ITF tournaments under the AER. Hasn't played much on the ITF. Started to play in 2002 on the ITF. First time she didn't leave empty-handed was when she surprisingly won Warsaw 10 K. Good news Yaroslava's seen the back under AER. Well, one can say ATM, top 300 calling. Good server and hardhitter, she's around 6 feet tall.

#4,550 ·
story of Slava's matches.

Win's first set. Loses a tight 2nd set or wins the 2nd comfortabely. Loses the 3rd set.

Somewhere in there, there is a choke on serving for the match or match point, and thats when she mentally implodes.

Once she chokes, thats it tbh. After she choked against Lisicki, Lisicki went on to win the enxt few games fairly easily. Same with Vinci, and now it may be same with Fran.

#4,559 ·
I've defended Slava a lot after thse types of losses, but i can't do that anymore. It was a huge choke again.

Puts a massive dent in my confidence in her this does. Maybe i should come back down to earth and accept that she'll probs not reach the level i thought she could.

She hasn't been the same Slava who reached the Quarter finals of RG and won the golden set since the Olympics really. She's a confidence player, and when she's lost confidence, her game suffers. She was confident going into the match against Errani and thats why she produced a perfect set of tennis against her. I don't think she's been all that confident recently, and that as well as being a mental midget, is the reason why she's been terrible since the olympics.

She needs to sort it out if she wants to ammount to anything in singles

#4,561 ·
And this will probs send her back down the rankings. This is the worst one yet. At least against Lisicki it was against a good grass court player, And Vinci was on great form, but Schiavone is past her best and this should have been a straight sets victory.

Unbelievable!!!

#4,563 ·
This is the worst choke for sure and I won't be surprised if I see a worse choke from her than this one in the near future. Anything can happen with her.

#4,567 ·
She better make up for it in doubles. She's probs the laughing stock of the forum today.

I felt a little sorry for her after her last loss, but not today. I feel sorry for us, her supporters because of what she puts us through every single match. I almost had a heart attack watching the scoreboard

I'm going to die watching one of her matches :lol:

#4,571 ·
Top 50? Probabaly the whole of the womens game :lol:

God i wish i was her friend, coach, trainer or something because i would definately tell her to try get this sorted out. Someone needs to be brutally honest and tell her whats up. Go see a Phsycologist or something Slava

#4,572 ·
Oh dear. Hmm, there are a lot of "deserving" contenders for biggest headcase in the wta. It's almost like a whole group of talented headcases got together and decided to play tennis. Slava is putting up a pretty good showing to get that award mind you. She's a nice girl at heart, needs to be a bit tougher on court.

#4,575 ·
Oh dear. Hmm, there are a lot of "deserving" contenders for biggest headcase in the wta. It's almost like a whole group of talented headcases got together and decided to play tennis. Slava is putting up a pretty good showing to get that award mind you. She's a nice girl at heart, needs to be a bit tougher on court.
So true. :lol:

This post has been deleted
#4,583 · (Edited)
Oh, so you're a one woman kind of guy Nazzac. I'm sure that the ladies appreciate that.

Summer Glau is an actress btw. River Tam in Serenity.

I'm not sure I can order them, but yes, we have similar tastes.

In general they are all headcases as well... or they have issues in their games that they have no idea how to solve...

My top 10 is probably

Alize Cornet, Anna Chakvetadze, Julia Goerges, Yaroslava, Ana Ivanovic, Lucie Safarova, Sorana Cirstea, Petra Kvitova, Mona Barthel, Bojana.

If we get to include actresses I include Camilla Belle and Alicia Silverstone.

I like Pavs and Mathilde too. Jarka's there somewhere as well.
I used to post in Nicole Vaidisova's and Camille Pin's forums a lot. Dani's was the first forum I posted in I think. I got fed up with Nicole's attitude during her slump and I'm still annoyed by the whole "marry Stepanek and retire" debacle. I still can't believe she's so young and yet stopped playing already.

I still follow Dani's and JJ's results but I don't post much in their forums now. Still hurt a lot when JJ lost to Aga tonight though. Dani's loss to Caro was only slightly less painful since I never though she was winning that but I hoped that JJ could win.

Hmm, looking at that list it seems I'm drawn to players who struggle a lot :help:. I'm definitely drawn to "lookers" as well. Slava's smile is what drew me to her.

I liked Kim a lot too but I never felt it was necessary to post in her forum since I didn't feel she really needed the support. I really wanted her to win the USO again though, to finish her career.

#4,577 ·
It goes to show how important the mental game is in sports. You can be a very talented player, but if you don't have mental strength, then your not going to win anything big in your career.

Slava falls into that category of talented players with potential, but lacks the mental game to back it up.

I've never been so negative about her until today. I stick up for her pretty much all the time. I was the only one to stick up for her after the Vinci loss. I'm always singing her praises on here, Facebook, other forums that are non tennis related. Maybe today was the day when i came back down to earth :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.