Tennis Forum banner

Aliaksandra Sasnovich

177K views 2K replies 47 participants last post by  Nightcrawl3r 
#1 ·
I am just following her match against vogele and shes doing amazingly. She lost the first set by a bagel, presumably due to nerves but served for the second set at 54, got broken but is now serving for it again at 65.

Out of curiosity, I looked up her activity and shes had some nice results, including a win in pomezia last week, coming through qualifying. I would also like to comment on her maturity. Up 42, vogele got it back to 4 all, but she didnt give up.

Lets support another bright hope from Belarus :)

#190 ·
The more I look, the more it looks like she withdrew,
likely because of the doubles win in Chiasso.

#191 ·
Looks like Sasha's next gig in at the $100K Prague on May 13th--
she's listed at this point as an alternative but I think she'll
make the quallies. She'll be good and rested. :cheer:

#193 ·
I know this is encouraging Points Whoring (which I am against :D) but I would have really liked to see her play matches on Hard either in Johannesburg or 3 in Japan (I know 2 are Synthetic Courts) as I thinks he would have gathered enough points to make US Open Qualies by time any of her points start to come off :)
I mean if you look at the Johannesburg field, winning brings 90 Points and the only player better than her is Babos :lol:
Even Istanbul and then she would have had a shot at Wimbly Qualies :(
Or Caracas where Tads got the points :oh:

#194 ·
Sasha plays Natalia Vajdova in the first round of the Prague quallies..
not too sure who she is; her ranking is "980=" so prolly not gonna be
too much of a problem. But next in the draw is Alison Riske, ranked #1
in the quallies draw.. she can be a tough cookie. Here's hoping Sasha
has made some adjustments on clay
:cheer:

Reactions: chingching
#195 ·
ChingChing-- maybe you can explain this to me. If I'm a player, I would be entering
tourneys in which I made the main draw-- tourneys in which I stood a fair chance of
winning. If I was Sasha, I would've signed up for Caserta next week, where I dont see
anyone that could beat Sasha, though it's on clay.

#196 ·
First, Natalia Vajdova is a very dangerous player. Very good Junior and is really a Top 500 Player :)
She is the Daughter of Djokovic's coach :D
Sasha should win but she must be prepared for a fight :)

As for your very nicely asked question, I think the reason is accesibility, not tiring herself, maybe funds and Prize Money.
I am not sure why she chose not to play Caserta as she played many Italian Tournaments last year but maybe she has a personal commitment :)
She is on lists for tournaments in following weeks so that is most likely the case :)
As for why she chose to play the 100K, I think she wants to try herself at this higher level where there are more points and Prize Money up for grabs :)
Also, it is very easy to get from Belarus to Prague :)

#198 ·
Sasha won against Riske 7-5 in the 3rd after being down 5*-4 :cheer:
Great effort :)
She went into what seemed like GOAT mode after being down as she almost won 12 points in a row :)
Really nice to see an Eastern European with Fighting Abilities, not Choking ones (although Riske may have just thrown it away)
Now Qualify :D
Unless she gets a LL spot, these are her potential opponents in MD if she makes it :)

(1)Klara Zakopalova (CZE) v Irina Falconi (USA)
Elina Svitolina (UKR) v Q
Maria Sanchez (USA) v Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)
(5)Johanna Larsson (SWE) v (wc)Tereza Smitkova (CZE)

(4)Annika Beck (GER) v Alexandra Cadantu (ROU)
Shahar Peer (ISR) v Q
Vesna Dolonc (SRB) v Q
(8)Misaki Doi (JPN) v (wc)Anna Karolina Schmiedlova (SVK)

(6)Jana Cepelova (SVK) v Julia Cohen (USA)
Alexa Glatch (USA) v Q
Nina Bratchikova (RUS) v (SE)Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE)
(3/wc)Lucie Hradecka (CZE) v Melinda Czink (HUN)

(7)Monica Puig (PUR) v Olivia Rogowska (AUS)
(wc)Katerina Siniakova (CZE) v Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB)
Kristyna Pliskova (CZE) v Yvonne Meusburger (AUT)
(2)Lucie Safarova (CZE) v Aleksandra Krunic (SRB)

All very challenging but I think she has a decent shot against all of them :)

She still has Dabrowski to overcome though who is in good form: GOOD LUCK SASHA :cheer: :yeah:

I hope she plays Doubles with Diana again BTW :D

#202 ·
Lost to Dabrowski in three-- I was watching the score and it seemed
Sasha didnt wake up until the 2nd set. She tore thru Dabrowski in the
second set and in the beginning of the third-- she was up 3-0. Then
for some reason it all crumbled. Tired perhaps ? The win against Riske
was also a three set affair... irregardless, I was surprised and very
impressed by the Riske win. She's no joke. Probably still time for her
to sign up for Caserta as well..

#203 ·
ChingChing-- OK so when I look at the event she signed up for in the week of 5/27-- the
one in Italy.. looks like it's a whole lot tougher draw than the same $25K event thats
in Moscow- she'd make the main draw in Moscow, but for the Italian event she's likely
to be in the quallies again. If I were Sasha, I'd be heading east.. Minsk is a lot
closer to Moscow than Italia..

#204 ·
I think its because Moscow is quite expensive to get to and she would find it easier to travel around Europe if she plays in Italy. She can just get a Eurail Train Pass and go from tournament to tournament without hassle :)
Sasha never seems to take the easy way out when it comes to points which IMO is a good thing :)

Its sad that she was up 3-0 in the 3rd :(
I saw her at 1-6 and was sure she'd lose then she came out of nowhere and won the 2nd 6-2 and I thought she would win :lol:
Still, its all a learning curve and I am sure she will learn from this experience and Dabrowski was in far from bad form :)
No Doubles unfortunately but I am sure she will be ready for next weeks :D

#206 ·
well well-- it appears our dear Sasha is listening to me-- she's withdrawn
from the Italian event on 5/27 and is in the main draw in Moscow !!
This is one she should be able to get pretty far in.
:bowdown:

#209 ·
Sasha is in the quallies in Brussels and plays tomorrow
against Alexa Glatch. If she's on top of her game she can
win this one. Melanie Oudin and Gabriella Dabrowski are
also in the same draw. You can do it Sasha !!

#210 ·
:eek:
Did not expect that :D
Good Luck :)
I think shell win this one and maybe even Qualify on her WTA debut at a Premier event :cheer:
It's nice to see her trying these harder events :)
BTW Dabrowski won a round in MD and almost beat Cepelova so she is obviously in good form :hug: :smile:

#211 ·
I think I have brought Sasha's ask.fm account back to life :D
Hadn't used it in over a year and then I ask one question and suddenly she has changed her DP and it is ridiculously active :D
And I am her best friend :inlove:
http://ask.fm/AleksaSasnovich
Soon she will probably change it to Sasha Sasnovich :D

As for Brussels: She was supposed to be 2nd after 10 but it is still raining so she will most likely go indoors without Live Scoring :sobbing: :help:

#215 ·
Sasha won 6-3 6-4 :D
I won't say she choked because she won in comfortable fashion but there were a few games were she had 30-0 and got broken :(
Anyway, if she can hold more against Mel, I think she should be able to qualify :yeah:
Dabrowski may just be an excellent returner :shrug:
That may well be the case as the matches she wins she always gets a large number of breaks :)
Does anyone know how she plays?
Anyway, 12 Points and 2202 Euros in the bag :yeah:
I know this won't happen but I would love to have seen her play Doubles here :D
I know this is looking quite far ahead but if she managed to Qualify and win a round which is possible as she would get Rybarikova, Zheng, Oprandi or Goerges who are all either A) bad on clay or are B) in bad or average form then she would get 20 Points from Qualifying and then 60 from winning the round :D Then she would face Wozniacki, Q/Goerges, Q/Oprandi or Stephens/Pironkova which would all be close matches which we could watch :yeah:
Those 80 Points (plus the 7726 Euros which would be helpful as she has stated that it is hard financially being a Pro Player) would move her up to around 230, impossibly close to the Qualies Cut-Off and with months left before the cut-off date :D
And to think her goal was to finish the year in the Top 300 :haha:

#216 ·
Well look how far Maryna Zanevska got in Cagnes.. she
actually lost in the quallies, got a lucky loser spot,
then took it all the way to the finals where she lost
in three sets. Sasha certainly has the ability to get
a few rounds into the MD and get herself a nice paychk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.