Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

327K views 5K replies 133 participants last post by  Pova 
#1 ·
Go Vika!!:bounce:

#2,427 ·
So far yes. But there haven´t been that many real tests for the system.

Ula Radwanska was below Venus on these ranking, because she has not posted a quality voluntary result and was also worse in mandatory results. Actually she is still behind Venus in my rankings. :lol:

#2,430 ·
Good match today :) Lena played quite well. I was impressed by Vika's performance in the first set, I think Lena only gave Vika one second serve to look at but still got broken twice.

In general Vika's Form is pretty similar to Rome. Ground game really good, serve still looks vulnerable. Onwards :)

#2,434 ·
No need for peaking too early. :angel: Just important to win in straights and move onwards. :)

#2,438 ·
Beck is a counterpuncher, the kind of player Vika feasts on really. Hits a decent ball for her size but I don't see Vika having too many problems.

#2,442 ·
she played pretty well for the first round. i love how she upped her serve speed to be avg 164km/hour. and cleaned up from the dfs from rome. if any critical part was second serve where she was broken and lost the lead, made it rather dicey at 3-3. but she served out the first set and the match with no drama this time. yay.

#2,443 ·
Annika Beck (WTA #62) should be easier opponent for Vika than Elena Vesnina (#38) was today. Beck played relatively well in Katowice this year, but in most cases she has lost her match on the first round in WTA tournaments. But she is only 19-year-old, so she has still time to improve her game in the future. http://www.matchstat.com/Player/Annika Beck

Vika's possible third round opponent will be either Alize Cornet (#27) or Silvia Soler-Espinosa (#85): http://www.wtatennis.com/head2head/player1/11402/player2/10789

#2,444 ·
:spit: When did Beck get ranked so high? Whatever, she's normally a pretty solid counterpuncher, but of late she's been really dire and seems to be flopping regularly, none the less I fully expect her to find her GOAT form as all the girls seem to when they have more motivation, even still if Vika plays how she did today there shouldn't be too much trouble (I am aware Vika didn't play that great, trust me).

I guess the only thing is Vika still doesn't seem to have a different game plan from HCs for clay, and really she'll need one for when she faces a top player. Hopefully Sumyk will give her something to try out in the next few matches, because we all know Vika can play well on clay, but we just haven't seen it for a few years now. It's really a testament to how great Vika is that even when she's on a surface where some of her best weapons get neutralised she still is head and shoulders above most other players :lol:

#2,448 ·
Vika is 2nd on Suzanne Lenglen court. Better hope Gasquet wins quickly, because there is going to be a lot of rain tomorrow. Gasquet should win fast though, so there is a chance it gets played.
Pouille vs Dimitrov is scheduled before Vika's match.

#2,456 ·
Her first serve did appear quite fast to me. Plus she sometimes made some anomalous noises when serving which sounded like she put more effort into it.

#2,458 ·
Но Азаренко меня сегодня удивила своей хорошей подачей. Она и сама призналась мне после матча, что и для нее все это было легким сюрпризом.
(http://news.sport-express.ru/2013-05-29/590111)

In this quote Elena talks about today's match. I'm not quite sure what she means though. Google translate gives me: "But Azarenka surprised me today my good serve. She herself admitted to me after the game, and that for her it was easy to surprise." Does that mean Vika was surprised by Elena's serve? Maybe someone who speaks Russian could help? :)

#2,460 ·
Thanks! :yeah: Another indication that she served a bit better than usual today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.