Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

327K views 5K replies 133 participants last post by  Pova 
#1 ·
Go Vika!!:bounce:

#404 ·
To beat Serena in a major already, Victoria needs to start momentum in those lower tier events. Unfortunately, we all know Serena's policy with these kinds of tournaments so the probability that they meet more in these is low.

I want them to play more of these kinds of events for Victoria to build confidence against her. They've only played 3 times in regular tour events (Miami, Madrid and this future encounter).

Brisbane isn't that big of a tournament, absolutely no pressure (theoretically) and it's the opportunity to try out new things she would be more reluctant to do for example in the a F of AO or any other really big event.

This match will be a good indicator IMO for what Victoria would eventually need to furhter ameliorate if they have to meet in AO, so I like that.

#406 ·
Playing Serena is much a mental game. If someone beats her in a small warm-up event, she will eat their lunch the next time they play.

If Vika wins today and Serena and Vika happen to meet in Melbourne, I will be terrified. :lol:

Feisty, vengeful Serena is an absolute nightmare to play, I would imagine.

I'll be on vacation for the next couple weeks (getting back just in time for the AO)... so I hope everyone enjoys the Autsralian season!

Good luck, Vika! :yeah:

#407 ·
I wish somebody could just tell me the result of the SF right in the face. :sobbing:

#408 ·
Those first two matches in this tournament showed at least that Vika hasn´t lost her consistency against lower ranked players outside top10 or top20. At the moment it seems that Li Na will win in Shenzhen, Agnieszka Radswanska in Auckland, and Vika and Serena Williams will decide who wins in Brisbane. All the other top 10 players have flopped more or less, and Maria Sharapova, Nadia Petrova and Maria Kirilenko haven´t played any matches in this season yet.

About tomorrow´s semi-final it is hard to say what we should expect. If Vika won a match, it should give her extra boost in her confidence against any future matches against Serena. Tomorrow´s match should be a real test before Melbourne e.g. how Vika´s serve is working and what kind of weapons she has to stop Serena. Against easier opponents Vika usually makes great comebacks and saves breakpoints if it is necessary. Now it is about 14,5 hours to the moment when the battle on the court starts. Let´s see what happens then.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=47

#411 ·
Watched the match against Sabine, her second serve was eaten alive, back hand was not deep enough and not many great forehand DTLs but when she made them they were good, missed some returns also. I'd say she is in a 60% form which is not good enough even to stretch Serena. So I am not looking forward to that Semifinal:shrug:

#413 ·
Watched the match against Sabine, her second serve was eaten alive, back hand was not deep enough and not many great forehand DTLs but when she made them they were good, missed some returns also. I'd say she is in a 60% form which is not good enough even to stretch Serena. So I am not looking forward to that Semifinal:shrug:
So am I
Now I understand what Radwanska's fans felt at first half of the last season :sobbing:

#415 ·
Cowards :nerner: When she somehow finally beats Serena you will have missed it. :oh:

#432 ·
Everything's going so fast between these two. I need more time to get used to all that :sobbing: (yes, I'm selfish and I know it)

#434 ·
She's playing him. Vika will crush his heart and soul in a few months when she tires of his peasant ass.

#435 ·
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
Apparently there is a ? with Azarenka's health. Not sure what, but something's up

:unsure:

#436 ·
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
BREAKING: Victoria Azarenka has pulled out of her semi vs Serena Williams in Brisbane with injury. Not sure what. Will know shortly

:unsure: :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.