Tennis Forum banner

US Open 2014

19K views 301 replies 27 participants last post by  Territory 
#1 ·
A thread for all our US Open series needs, culminating with the big one in a few weeks time :)

This week marks the official start of the US Open series. A few girls in action, with Sam playing in Stanford and Olivia qualifying in Washington.

Sam opens up against young Japanese qualifier Naomi Osaka, whilst Liv takes on Baku finalist Bojana Jovanovski. Good luck!

Oh, Aussie Ajla also playing Stanford. Silly me. She takes on Petkovic.

#285 ·
Foxtel needs to ditch this "US optimum" crap coverage ASAP. As if having Kevin Skinner prattling on wasn't enough, yesterday we got to see Mugfils now boring servebot Raonic - basically anything to put a men's match on. Also I stand to be corrected but it looks like they won't be showing Casey's match :eek:

#288 ·
I was pretty cut when I woke up to watch the end of Casey's win to see they were showing Murray. Foxtel used to always follow the Aussies at the US Open. Very disappointed.

Anyway massive win for Casey! And she has to be a shot at Flavia!

#290 ·
Great win for Casey! And yeah I turned the telly on to see it but just got Raonic. Snoooze.

I can't think of the last time we had someone in the fourth round apart from Sam.

Great doubles win for Jarka and Ajla too. And Nastya/Alla are also still winning. :)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#291 ·
So Casey is so highly ranked now that even great results like this don't bump her up more than a spot or two in the ranks. If she beats Flavia and makes the QF she would get 430 points. That would still sit her comfortably below Sam for this week at least. I think it is very important for Sam that Casey does not overtake her, that would be a big blow to Sam's confidence. Sam has a lot to defend this year, and Casey has nothing really. So Sam has a lot of work to do.. I hope she has a good schedule.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.