Tennis Forum banner

Paszek 2013!

17K views 141 replies 17 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
:bounce:

#87 ·
That about sums it up.

Lots of work to do now to rebuild her confidence, ranking....not sure what the gameplan is here, or why she's in such a tailspin. The health issues certainly can't help, but somebody suggested personal issues might be at the root of it as well. Hopefully she can sort out whatever is going wrong and get back to playing the kind of tennis she is capable of.

#86 ·
Who loses to Cadantu on grass? :eek:

#92 ·
Tamira :help::help::help:

2013 is a disaster for Tamira. Matches won: 2 - 15 :facepalm:

And in YEC Race Tamira is #226 ! :tape:

#88 ·
She's still in the women's doubles at Wimbledon, with Christina McHale. Yesterday they beat Date-Krumm/Para Santonja 7-6(6) 2-6 6-3.

Nice for her to still get a victory at SW19. :hug: They play Vesnina/Makarova next, so that's probably the end of that.

It's such a shame what has happened to her season :sad: but she's tumbled down the rankings before. As long as she isn't perpetually struck down by viruses, there is no reason why she shouldn't be able to play her best tennis again. Only lack of confidence and not believing, I suppose. But she hasn't lost her talent.

#89 ·
Well Tamira and Christina lost their doubles R2 match, 7-6 (10-8), 6-1

I was following it on the live score while watching the TV, and it was very close until a couple of games into the second. They were leading 3-1 in the first set, with two game points to go 4-1. Equal points won at 8-8 in the tiebreak.

Was starting to think they might knock out the French Open doubles champs, but it wasn't to be. It's a shame because it would have been something to cheer for.

#90 ·
I saw the whole match and already during warm up I had the feeling her leg wasn't ok at all. She wasn't pushing 100% on it when she was hitting a forehand or a serve. She had some good moments during the match but sadly enough she wasn't consistent. First of all she has to be healthy again and let her leg heal.

#102 ·
Hantuchova def. Tamira 6-0 6-0 in Carlsbad R1 ! :tape:

Just when you thought it couldn`t get worse, a new low :eek:

#105 ·
#108 ·
There's clearly something psychological going on with her--depression or something in her personal life maybe. She's a much better player than what she's shown on the court this year. You don't go from winning a premiere and QF in a slam to this without some concrete reason. I just hope she can get a little bit of confidence in herself and her ability again, find some form, and start re-building herself. She's much better than this.

#117 ·
I guess there could be many reasons why she's not winning matches. Professional sport is brutal, and the margin between success and failure is very small. She doesn't have to be depressed to explain this slump. Writing on her Twitter, she gives the impression of being quite happy with life..

Of course, it's hard to draw conclusions from how people present their lives on social media, since most people only post good things.

Anyway, I totally agree that she's much too good to be getting double bagelled by Hantuchova. But I agree with Wonderwall also; when you've lost nearly all matches during a season, every win is an encouraging sign, and many of her recent losses were close matches. :) If she can find whatever is missing, things could turn around very quickly, I think.

#110 ·
I just saw something interesting. There is a new ITF being added to the USTA Pro Circuit calendar this November the week of November 3-10 at Captiva Island, Florida. It is to be held at the South Seas Island Tennis Resort, which is home to the (Andrei) Pavel Blackwood Tennis Academy:

http://www.florida.usta.com/news/fl...va_island_pro_circuit_clearwater_workshop111/

I wonder if Tamira will elect to play there, since it would basically be a "home" tournament for her (I think she trains in Florida). at the end of the year when nothing else is going on, and it would be a chance for her to get some confidence going again.

I am seriously thinking of going to this tournament--would love to see her play there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.