Tennis Forum banner

Lisa Whybourn

13K views 97 replies 23 participants last post by  eldanielfire 
#1 ·
I swear she had a thread of her own:scratch:, but I couldn't find it so I made a new one. :)
Anyway, the youngster has recieved a QWC in Birmingham (Her first ever WTA event) and this is her section of the draw:

(1)KANEPI, Kaia EST
DITTY, Julie USA
(WC)WHYBOURN, Lisa GBR
(9)FERGUSON, Sophie AUS

Good Luck Lisa! :D

#56 ·
I'm assuming Lisa gets a protected ranking after so long out? Any ideas what number?

#57 ·
Ranking on 22 Jul 2013 was 309, on 29 Jul 2013 was 281. Her last match was some time in the week of 22-28 Jul. The rule says the player must be ranked in the top 300 at the time she stopped playing, and the protected ranking is the one after her last match has been added.

If she merits a protected ranking, it's 281. IMHO the rule fairly clearly excludes Lisa from getting a protected ranking, but that's a perverse result and I doubt it's what is done in practice or even that many others would interpret the rule the way I have, so I'll say 281.

#70 ·

‏@lisawhybourn said:
Peace out 2014!!It's been a hell of a testing year, surgery number 2, becoming unranked, working 2 jobs and training!

Buuuut got my first competition properly back in a year and half on Friday and I literally can't wait!shoulder may not be perfect and I may

Not have the fastest serve in the world,but I feel very lucky that iv managed to get myself back to the point that I can try compete again!

Literally can't fricking wait to get back on tour and make 2015 a slightly more successful and less frustrating year than 2014!!

Special thanks 2 @teambathmcta @barryphysio @theshoulderdoc @lumley_nick for helping me get back and making me train every single day!!

#71 ·
#75 ·
Lisa tweeted a link to this article: Lisa Whybourn believes return to women’s tour after recovery from injury could be her last chance
TENNIS:Lisa Whybourn is ready for one last attempt to get back on the women's tour after months out of action with a serious shoulder injury.

The 24-year-old has taken major steps to ensure that her shoulder is in the best possible condition as she looks to re-establish herself as a professional tennis player, and the results appear to be paying off.

Whybourn came through County Week unscathed when she helped Cambridgeshire ladies win promotion last month, and after weeks of non-competitive action her shoulder has held up with no adverse effects whatsoever.

But having twice come back in the past, only to break down with injury shortly afterwards, the Hemingford Grey-based player will be taking things one match at a time when she steps back on court at the $10,000 Aegon Pro-Series ITF tournament in Chiswick on Monday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.