Tennis Forum banner

Players

17K views 89 replies 40 participants last post by  ste86 
#1 ·
Who will play? Will Dushevina defend her title?

#67 ·
how did they get 3 WC's ??
only two are allowed, other two WC are for top 10/Elite List, and if they not used then the next 2 players get in.

#74 ·
both were MD only
Anna 6 out
Dokic is only MD (20 out)

#73 ·
Kulikova out of MD too :sad: still affected by back injury suffered at Birmingham and again at Wimbledon :sad:

Pironkova into MD

next into MD......... Larsson, Voegele, Groth

Heather Watson has moved into Q
also Kristyna Pliskova

#77 ·
#88 ·
Poor Ipek.

"So I lost my doubles today. I'm not the typical doubles player to say the least. To be honest I really don't know how to play doubles at all. I have the strokes I guess, I can volley, I serve well and I can play quite fast when I want (fast to the fence is my favorite one) but I cross when no normal human being would cross and I stand and watch the ball when I really should have crossed. I don't know where I stand and I definitely don't know where to run. Yeah, doubles is an art for itself and I never was an artist nor will I become one."
lthough I cannot add anything for winning a doubles match, some of the poor players I played with are assured of having double the fun in a match (makes sense to me, having double the fun in a doubles match). You know how people joke and try to be funny to hide their insecurities? Right here! And you know how players laugh and act as if they don't care losing a match to make it less disappointing? Right here! I really hate losing, especially doubles, because if you're bad at something doesn't really mean you have to lose at it, does it? I don't know but I definitely know I have to get some practice lessons in doubles, any volunteers?"
Andrea Petkovic

#89 ·
goo Patty!!
hopefully she'll win a few matches this year.
(and GL to Anna too, if she in fact is able to come)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.