2013 - 3/8 - Julia's clay court tour - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 11th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #871
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia's clay court tour 2013

Tomorrow not before 14:30 against Petko.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #872
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasbored2013 View Post
Just be happy that she won and that she is not injured. Cadantu wasn't a bad opponent.
Yeah, but tell that those in the German forum who bashed Sabine when she lost to Cadantu in Katowice.

Yes, expectations are pretty low with Julia atm, so a win against Cadantu is already a success, especially given the 3 rain delays and the dampy clay conditions (which caused infamous losses in the past like against Hogenkamp a year ago).

Julia has given her supporters really some headaches in the past weeks. Losing to an unranked player - who never won a GS MD match and just came back to play 2-3 tourneys for fun after she had retired yet in 2011 - at a Grand Slam where everybody is talking about it, was just awful and damaging for her reputation. The clear loss against Zakopalova, who won just one tourney match on clay this year (and hence played Bundesliga all the time), wasn't glorious either.

So this win was much awaited, particularly at a home tourney. Today's match was a reminder that actually Julia's form wasn't that bad before RG, despite her physical problems and lack of practice. We'll have to see how this plays out in the upcoming weeks and if she's able to step up her performances again.
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #873
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

So happy Julia won her Nürnberg R1 match !

I hate Julia and Andrea have to play each other now. May the better win

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #874
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Well as I thought she was just able to get through that first round with Cadantu. Now a much tougher test against Andrea. Not sure which way this one goes, Andrea is not in the form she once was, still returning from her long term injuries, and Julia is not in the best form either. Maybe I give the slight edge to Julia because she moves well on clay.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #875
country flag Iwasbored2013

Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Yeah, but tell that those in the German forum who bashed Sabine when she lost to Cadantu in Katowice.
I haven't seen that match, but judging how Cadantu played yesterday I don't think you have to be ashamed to lose to her. Why would they bash Sabine (you mean Lisicki I presume) on the German forum? Don't they support the German players there?
Iwasbored2013 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #876
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Well as I thought she was just able to get through that first round with Cadantu. Now a much tougher test against Andrea. Not sure which way this one goes, Andrea is not in the form she once was, still returning from her long term injuries, and Julia is not in the best form either. Maybe I give the slight edge to Julia because she moves well on clay.
Andrea has won 6 matches in a row, is full of confidence now, seems to be really on a roll. Not quite an easy job for Julia I would say in her current state.

But as I mentioned, this is a home tourney. A special one, as Julia's mom came from Nuremberg and friends and relatives live here (incl. her godmother ). So that's something which will extra motivate her for sure again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasbored2013 View Post
I haven't seen that match, but judging how Cadantu played yesterday I don't think you have to be ashamed to lose to her. Why would they bash Sabine (you mean Lisicki I presume) on the German forum? Don't they support the German players there?
Well, some get frustrated when Sabine loses. Especially in the German threads where one user accused her of a tank job against Errani in RG. Another one said a player like Cadantu she should have beaten 3 AM in the morning.
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #877
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least the clay court season is over now.
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #878
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I am happy that the clay season is over! She thinks she is good on clay, but why? She played final on HC the previous year and she didn't have any good result on it 2 years in a row! Stop it! Her game is not for clay!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #879
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Oh Julia Not that I expected a deep run here but still... hope she can find some form in the coming weeks.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #880
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Julia
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #881
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling Julia will do better on grass and HC's. Wished Nürnberg was played on grass.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #882
country flag KatjaS

According to Jimmie48, who was at the tournament, Julia twisted her knee in the doubles match and had to call for the trainer but of course kept playing after putting some ice on it..
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #883
country flag KatjaS

From Sportradio360, a discussion about Julia between Jörg Allmeroth, a German tennis writer and Marcel Meinert, a tennis commenator:

Allmeroth: [...]And we know that she[Julia] is plagued by injuries and goes into those matches without confidence at the moment, can't really judge herself what she can expect of her body[...]I'm not sure if it wouldn't be better for her to take a significantly longer break, I think you'll agree with me on this, you've followed some issues there, I see a crisis situation there and she has to do something to get solve it, a simple keep going isn't right

Meinert: Yes, particularly since she had no idea where her physical problems came from, now there's additional the story with her hand, all that seems weird and it might really be better to take a break

So at least we're not the only ones who see her situation as worrisome and they also wonder about her "full speed ahead" approach.
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #884
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Julia's stress injury and illnesses are an indication that her training and preparation are not serving her well (sorry for the pun). On the American leg of her tour she said she was at her highest fitness level (although this did not translate into much success on the court), but then the grueling schedule beat her down and left her ill. Sometimes when you are spinning your wheels and not advancing, it's a good idea to get an objective analysis of the situation--I hope she has someone outside of her "team" that can provide this for her.
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #885
country flag CillyUltra

Julia on a 7 hours road trip back home. She loves road trips.