Knockout game phenomenon - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #226
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsser View Post
NBC WSJ Poll: Race relations have plummeted since Obama took office

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/25/ra...ording-to-poll

Public attitudes about race relations have plummeted since the historic election of President Barack Obama, according to a new poll from NBC News and the Wall Street Journal.

Only 52 percent of whites and 38 percent of blacks have a favorable opinion of race relations in the country, according to the poll, which has tracked race relations since 1994 and was conducted in mid-July by Hart Research Associations and Public Opinion Strategies.

That’s a sharp drop from the beginning of Obama’s first term, when 79 percent of whites and 63 percent of blacks held a favorable view of American race relations.

Negative views on race relations have also increased substantially. According to the poll, 45 percent of whites and 58 percent African-Americans now believe race relations are very or fairly bad, compared with 2009, when only 20 percent of whites and 30 percent of blacks held an unfavorable view.
This poll again? Seriously?
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #227
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC Ignore Blacks Targeting Whites and Jews in 'Knockout Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
Wow..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ial-media.html

Goes a different level.. Now, I guess, they'll get the attention..
Too much lead paint exposure.

Greatest American Tennis Player.
██████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #228
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC Ignore Blacks Targeting Whites and Jews in 'Knockout Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
If Princeton research findings did not support your political leaning, you would said they are liberal , progressive, leftist institution, therefore bias.

I don't dispute the conclusion of the study, but i find it intersecting, that conservatives suddenly care about black family stability when they have spent generation trying to tear it down.

I'vre got a question for you, the various ethnic mafia organizations (Italian, Irish) were all family oriented and religious; yet they kill lot of people of their own ethnic groups.
I never saw an outcry of Italian-on-Italian crime.
Instead, many of these criminals became folk heroes and walk free today by simply agreeing to cooperate with the Fed, all the killings they commited just pushed under the rug.
Give him a break. It's the first time he's quoted a reputable source in his life.

And actually, back in the '20s and '30s, there was a lot of outcry about Italian-on-Italian crime (and Jew-on-Jew) crime. The major difference is that for many reasons (which I know you are quite aware of) Jews and Italians were allowed to largely assimilate into American society.

Another factor was that many Jewish and Italian gangsters came to prominence during the Prohibition era, when their crimes (rumrunning) were largely winked at. Indeed, one of the reasons the mafia and other organized crime organizations were allowed to reach such extensive levels of power was that lots of law enforcement agencies took the rather racist attitude that it wasn't worth bothering about as long as the Italians and Jews were only killing each other. In Chicago, for example, the Capone Outfit was allowed to operate almost without interference until they killed Jake Lingle, a WASP reporter for the Chicago Tribune.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #229
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Princeton research findings did not support your political leaning, you would said they are liberal , progressive, leftist institution, therefore bias.

I don't dispute the conclusion of the study, but i find it intersecting, that conservatives suddenly care about black family stability when they have spent generation trying to tear it down.

I'vre got a question for you, the various ethnic mafia organizations (Italian, Irish) were all family oriented and religious; yet they kill lot of people of their own ethnic groups.
I never saw an outcry of Italian-on-Italian crime.
Instead, many of these criminals became folk heroes and walk free today by simply agreeing to cooperate with the Fed, all the killings they commited just pushed under the rug.
I must say that you lost me here. Who are the conservatives who have spent generations trying to tear the Black family down? Immediately after slavery many former slaves walked all over the South trying to find family members who had been sold away from them. In The Philadelphia Negro (1921?), DuBois worried about the fact that the Black family was deteriorating because about 10% of children were being born out of wedlock.

People wanted to tar and feather Dan Moynihan when he worried about the Black out of wedlock birth rate being 25%. They basically accused him of being a racist pig.

There are those who blame the Black family situation on the legacy of slavery but nobody has yet been able to explain to me why those closest to slavery had more intact families than those farther away from it. (Some have posited about the pathology skipping generations but that's bullshit which I won't even entertain.)

And of course there are those who blame people like Frances Fox Piven and her husband Richard Cloward who advocated getting as many people (especially Blacks) on welfare as possible in order to collapse the economic system of the US and lead to a guaranteed income for everybody. Yeah that really worked out. Of course the fly in the ointment was that in order for a woman to get her welfare benefits there had to be no man in the house. In fact social workers would in the early days pay surprise visits to homes and look for things like men's shoes and clothing to make sure that there was no male presence in that family.

Piven and Cloward were as liberal as they come.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #230
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
I must say that you lost me here. Who are the conservatives who have spent generations trying to tear the Black family down? Immediately after slavery many former slaves walked all over the South trying to find family members who had been sold away from them. In The Philadelphia Negro (1921?), DuBois worried about the fact that the Black family was deteriorating because about 10% of children were being born out of wedlock.

People wanted to tar and feather Dan Moynihan when he worried about the Black out of wedlock birth rate being 25%. They basically accused him of being a racist pig.

There are those who blame the Black family situation on the legacy of slavery but nobody has yet been able to explain to me why those closest to slavery had more intact families than those farther away from it. (Some have posited about the pathology skipping generations but that's bullshit which I won't even entertain.)

And of course there are those who blame people like Frances Fox Piven and her husband Richard Cloward who advocated getting as many people (especially Blacks) on welfare as possible in order to collapse the economic system of the US and lead to a guaranteed income for everybody. Yeah that really worked out. Of course the fly in the ointment was that in order for a woman to get her welfare benefits there had to be no man in the house. In fact social workers would in the early days pay surprise visits to homes and look for things like men's shoes and clothing to make sure that there was no male presence in that family.

Pretty much what you're arguing is that the black family was better with slavery than without it. Pathetic.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #231
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The ones who burned down black neighborhoods ( 2 instances in history) as they emerged and try to join the middle class by building their own communities.
The ones who put them down on a daily basis through the media, maligning them for lack of education.
And yes, when there is a government intervention to level the playing field to by instituting Affirmative Action, conservatives bring law suit to say whites are being discriminated against by allowing non-deserving blacks to take their spots in colleges, mind you, AA does not inflate your grade once you are in college, you have to perform like every one else in order to graduate.
AA action has also benefited white women, but they are never criticized for taking white men spots in colleges.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Dec 28th, 2013 at 11:00 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #232
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Give him a break. It's the first time he's quoted a reputable source in his life.

And actually, back in the '20s and '30s, there was a lot of outcry about Italian-on-Italian crime (and Jew-on-Jew) crime. The major difference is that for many reasons (which I know you are quite aware of) Jews and Italians were allowed to largely assimilate into American society..
But now, those killers and criminal are seen fold heroes. They go to church every Sunday, contribute to the catholic church, rob shoulders with the clergy.
I remember when John Gotti used to walk thanks to Bruce Cutler able defense work, people would celebrate in his Gotti neighborhood.
Imagine that happening in a black neighborhood, FAUXNews O"Reilly, Megyn Kelly and Sean Hannity will find a conservative university professor to argue that it must pathological for black to celebrate people who have done evil, w/o regard for the law and humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Another factor was that many Jewish and Italian gangsters came to prominence during the Prohibition era, when their crimes (rumrunning) were largely winked at. Indeed, one of the reasons the mafia and other organized crime organizations were allowed to reach such extensive levels of power was that lots of law enforcement agencies took the rather racist attitude that it wasn't worth bothering about as long as the Italians and Jews were only killing each other. In Chicago, for example, the Capone Outfit was allowed to operate almost without interference until they killed Jake Lingle, a WASP reporter for the Chicago Tribune.
You're correct, that was true early on.
They did continue their mafia activities, killing score of people, long after prohibition was overturned and were/are still seen today not as cold blooded killers, but as tough guys.

Today, many are "free" ( after serving less time than a common criminal who did not kill; or after agreeing to testify against their former comrades), among them, some of the enforcers, while they continue to repeat to anyone who would listen that they did not kill anyone who did not deserve to be killed, have even used their notoriety to help Hollywood make a film out of their life story, often making them look sympathetic family figures.

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #233
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The ones who burned down black neighborhoods ( 2 instances in history) as they emerged and try to join the middle class by building their communities.
The ones who put them down on a daily basis thought the media, maligning for lack of education.
And yest, when there is a government intervention to level the paying field to by instituting Affirmative Action, conservative bring law suit to say white are being discriminated against by allowing non-deserving black to take their sport in colleges, mind you, AA has nothing to inflating your grade once you are in college, you have to perform like every one else.
AA action has also benefited white women, but they are never criticized for taking white men spots in colleges.
But that's not necessarily a conservative thing, though.
That's just poor and working class white brutality/mentality. Regardless of whether they are Republican or Democrat.

██████████████████ʘ
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #234
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Re: Knockout game phenomenon

And deindustrialization in the major Great Migration city hubs, 1980s drug addiction (crack cocaine), and the prison industrial complex are the reasons why most of the black families that fail, do.

██████████████████ʘ
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #235
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by le bon vivant View Post
But that's not necessarily a conservative thing, though.
That's just poor and working class white brutality/mentality. Regardless of whether they are Republican or Democrat.
But they profess to uphold conservative values.
In those times, these people would have been called Reagan democrats, the one who state "they did not leave the democratic party, the democratic party left them".
The democratic party left them by being too sympathetic to civil rights. Today, this notion is seen as conservative thought.

It is not necessarily "working class white", there are scholarly work done by conservative thinks tanks (such Cato Institute AIE, Heritage Foundation and Focus On The family) to explain away some of these grievances that led to these periodic catastrophies.
Some older blacks have come to believe if and when they try to assert themselves economically and build a stable neighborhood, there would an excuse for this re-occuring.
Right now, it is playing as previous in 2 scenrarios
1) Immigrant are stealing our jobs
2) Affirmative Action effect is displacing the white worker out of the job market, making him unable to support a family.

Both of the above grievances were echoed by many who joined the Tea Party.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Dec 28th, 2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #236
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Quote:
But they profess to uphold conservative values.
In those time, these people would have been called Reagan democrats, the one who state "they did not leave the democratic party, the democratic party left them".

The democratic party left them by being to sympathetic for civil rights. Today, this notion is seen as conservative thought.
But it really transcends liberal/conservative ideology, when you get to the core. Dismantling affirmative action and the destruction of those successful black communities (Im assuming you mean Rosewood and Tulsa? btw there are countless more examples of this anti-black violence), those are prerogatives of poor/working class/lower middle class whites. They have been getting dicked by rich/upper middle class whites since the country was founded, but they express their anger/resentment/inadequacy about the internal contradictions in white society in their anger and contempt towards black men, women and children.

██████████████████ʘ
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #237
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Quote:
It is not necessarily "working class white", there are scholarly work done by conservative thinks tanks (such Cato Institute AIE, Heritage Foundation and Focus On The family) to explain away some of these grievances that led to these periodic catastrophies.
Some older blacks have come to believe if and when they try to assert themselves economically and build a stable neighborhood, there would an excuse for this re-occuring.
Right now, it is playing as previous in 2 scenrarios
1) Immigrant are stealing our jobs
2) Affirmative Action effect is displacing the white worker out of the job market, making him unable to support a family.

Both of the above grievances were echoed by many who joined the Tea Party.
True, but those think tanks are backed and funded by rich white men who are masters at keeping the white underclasses brainwashed and focused on the black/immigrant menace, instead of getting angry at the people who are really destroying their country and ruining their livelihoods.

██████████████████ʘ
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #238
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by le bon vivant View Post
But it really transcends liberal/conservative ideology, when you get to the core. Dismantling affirmative action and the destruction of those successful black communities (Im assuming you mean Rosewood and Tulsa? btw there are countless more examples of this anti-black violence), those are prerogatives of poor/working class/lower middle class whites. They have been getting dicked by rich/upper middle class whites since the country was founded, but they express their anger/resentment/inadequacy about the internal contradictions in white society in their anger and contempt towards black men, women and children.
I found few more example of destruction of black communities by white once those communities become viable.
As you will see, the majority of these race riots are about competition on labor market.
White fear black would take their jobs.
As I stated in my previous post, under the same circumstances, this is likely to repeat itself again in the future; but this time including new non-white immigrants as target, in addition to blacks.

I am usually optimistic and I would like to be wrong on the prediction above; but with the underbelly of what I have seen in the Tea Party rank and file, I am less optimistic.
A large segment of white are convinced that any gain by blacks, is a transfer from whites to blacks.
In other words, the proverbial pie does not grow, only the size of black and other minorities is increased to the detriment of the whites portion.

The irony is, there is a sense of entitlement on the part of whites running through all these riots.
As you know, the term "entitlement" has a loaded meaning today; i.e. a negative connotation with blacks demanding things from the federal government.

Atlanta Race Riot of 1906
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Race_Riot

Tulsa Race Riot of 1921
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_riot

Chicago Race Riots (1919)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Race_Riot_of_1919

Rosewood Massacre (1923)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosewood_massacre

Washington, D.C. Race Riots (1919) ( one of many in 1919)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ceriot0301.htm
New York City Draft Riot (1863) ( started as working class immigrant protesting against the draft, but quickly morphed into an attack against blacks, who whites feared, once freed, the former slaves would immigrate to the north and start competing with them on the labor market)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_draft_riots

The East St. Louis Massacre (1917)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_St._Louis_Riot

The Desegregation of Clinton, Tennessee (1957)
Unlike the above riots, there were some courageous individual who stood up to their constituents, either as part of doing their jobs, or simply as private citizens following their conscience.

Here they are
The School Principal, who, like the captain of the football team, decided to obey the law rather than continue to support segregation as he had previously done.

The Reverent Turner, the most courageous and eloquent of them all.
He was almost beaten to death for escorting black students to the school. He help the police arrest 2 of his attackers.
But he did not just stop there, later in his sermon, he told to his congregation that it was wrong to use the Bible to justify segregation.

The Black father, Alan, spoke eloquently with clarity, with no bitterness, even as he was leaving and relocating to Los Angeles

The Chairman of the School Board, who is also president of a beer company, lost customers, but also his family was attacked.

Honorable mentions
The captain of the football team, who did not not support desegregation, but decided to support it because if the law of the land.

The teacher, Eleanor Davis, who was appalled by the events and gave an account at the PTA meeting, telling the parent the effect the events were having on the students, their children.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Dec 29th, 2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #239
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
Pretty much what you're arguing is that the black family was better with slavery than without it. Pathetic.
If that's what you got from what I posted, you are a fool. Not only are you a fool but you are one of the most shallow thinkers I've ever encountered.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #240
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
If that's what you got from what I posted, you are a fool. Not only are you a fool but you are one of the most shallow thinkers I've ever encountered.
HippityHop, was this really necessary?
Why does it take so little to set off posters on this mild TF?