Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

431K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#3,822 ·
Thank god the screamer is out and now Anett should win. I know nothing about de Bernardi.

#3,830 ·
Anett lost to de Bernardi 6:2 4:6 4:6. A terrible loss if you ask me... :help: :help:

I wonder what happened out there. She was in the driver seat, but out of nowhere she lost her way and was cubbed to death bay Bernardi... I just don't understand it. Anett has no consistency whatsoever... Well, theres always next year.

#3,831 ·
I cannot actually believe Anett just lost. I am so fucking pissed. She just can't play well for more than 5 points in a row. I will always be her fan but this inconsistency, most likely brought upon by her recent tendency towards brainless ball-bashing is just stupid. 2nd set she had 6-2 4-2 0-30, final set she had 4-4 0-40 after winning something like 7 points in a row and she just loses. Against a good player it might be excusable but this was just embarrassing. I have no words.

#3,836 ·
She just can't play well in the middle of matches. It's something that didn't exist before this year. It's happened against Rodina, Lekaj, Pe'er, Zanevska etc. Really confusing and saddening. I don't even wanna talk about the fact that de Bernardi is a Tier 7 player, I'm sad enough as it is with Anett's match-fixing like efforts.

#3,838 ·
I'm getting ready for work, so I didn't see the match, but when you lose to a player no one has ever heard of, similar to Danka losing to Whoriskey last year in the Open qualies, you know it's a really bad loss. Hopefully for Anett's sake, she can find the same level of success Danka has had recently.

#3,840 ·
Not so surprising imo :shrug: Cyprus really stood out after all those circus performances and Montenengro, well - they had a pretty decent typical "yugoslavian-vibe" entry. Iceland was totally lost between Azerbaijan and Sweden. Malta is a small country, nobody votes for them unless they have a really good entry.

Estonia will surely flop now, we are screwed left and right. They assigned us historically-worst-ever position to perform :eek:
Not to mention all the duets in the contest are pretty much coming in a row.
And of course their precious Sweden and Norway get a perfect positioning :rolleyes: (the main organizor/supervisor is Norwegian)

#3,843 ·
I love Aminata. So exciting that there is an African from Latvia! And her song is excellent.
Amber was the really powerful voice singing Warrior. I obviously prefer Nina's Warrior from Georgia (as I basically am Nina Sublatti, as you could probably guess :eek:h) but I think there are a lot of strong songs this year. I really hope Sweden doesn't win especially with what IMO is one of their worse songs. I could see Estonia, Italy, Spain, Latvia, Georgia, Sweden, Norway, Russia and Slovenia winning. They all provide something that appeals to the masses. I fear that Estonia's going to fall into that song category like Norway where they get a lot of 4-8 votes from countries but no 10s, 12s etc.

#3,845 ·
Cyprus usually never makes final. Only time they got any interest was because of

Iceland, on the other hand, always qualifies even when they send shit like last year. Maria was robbed like Nettu was robbed by pretty Corsican Clothilde.

Stupid organisers gave Estonia the worst spot and Russia the best one. Europe will not vote for Russian imperialists even if they send blonde bimbo with the most perfect song.

I always like Slovenia entry and this time they have a great song and good chance to finish top ten but now got bad spot in first half.

Would Estonia want to host the event. Im sure they are happy to be top 3. It might end up being smaller than when Norway did it. This year the Austrian stadium already looks tiny. Im sure Sweden dont want it again, they spent very little on it. There was a comparison, Azerbaijan spent $1 billion and the next year Sweden spent $20 million :lol:

Måns is not the favorite anymore because he is in first half and the gays are bored after watching his video so many times. I dont get why people say they hate his song and then say last year's song was much better.

#3,848 ·
Some interesting tweets by Stefanbo Berlincioni about Anett's match vs de Bernardi. Apparently Clothilde was moonballing to disrupt Anett's power and Anett looked desperate after losing the game at 4-4 from 0-40 (I could just sense that one when following livescores, can't believe I am forcing myself tor elive this :sobbing:). Also she missed a really easy overhead on MP. Favourite Tweet though is definitely this:

"'Oh My God, Am I really losing to this bitch?' I guess Kontaveit was thinking this today #RG15"

Don't like the outfit much TTYTT, maybe that's why she lost. Everyone said really positive things about her against Stewart though.

#3,849 ·
And back to the more relevant Eurovision, Estonia :sobbing: Not a bad position but I feel if they had a better placement and Sweden/Russia didn't absorb so much political voting Estonia could have done well. It's almost like Belarus, Azerbaijan, Russia etc. see Estonia as too Scandinavian whilst everyone in Scandinavia (except Finland) see Estonia as Russian. It's annoying.

#3,850 ·
They did about as well as they could given they sang in fourth spot. Their cool exchange style of performance lost a bit of novelty because Nederlands also did it last time and Ilse de Lange is an experienced flirt. They would have stood out better among all the slow songs in the second half.

You are right about them not belonging to the Soviet voting bloc but I dont think they would want to be involved in their vote exchanging anyway.

Lithuania turned the tide of voting and it was an avalanche after that :)

Sweden overcame history to win from tenth. They deserve more to win because they produce so many good pop acts. Its funny that Mans has tried to get to Eurovision so many times and he finally got a great song.

I dont mind Nettu's outfit. Its not very imaginative but better than those boring one color Nike outfits. She really should do well on the grass events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.